• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

15 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

With any chance of 90 degree days behind us - below is an updated analysis of 90+ days over the last 20 years comparing the PHL Airport vs. the NWS COOP sites in Chester County. Here in East Nantmeal we finished with no 90+ days for the 4th time in the last 20 years. This was true for both of my ground based stations...although my rooftop station (poorly sited) did record 6 such days. Of note all locations experienced less 90+ days during the last 10 years than the previous 10. Of course the PHL Airport continues to average more with their heat island problems.

image.png.e78c238775a14ba404b9eec4e8cee480.png

While we’re on the subject of places that aren’t in central PA (like Philadelphia and Chester County), it should be noted that Dulles just recorded its latest 85 degree temperature on record a few minutes ago and even got to 86, so I understand why the cope is happening today of all days.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TimB said:

While we’re on the subject of places that aren’t in central PA (like Philadelphia and Chester County), it should be noted that Dulles just recorded its latest 85 degree temperature on record a few minutes ago and even got to 86, so I understand why the cope is happening today of all days.

Chester county's neighbor, klns, is rockin' an 82 or 83. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still sitting at 80 degrees at 5PM.  Elevation made no difference today.  Sitting at over 800' and it is a frying pan.   Mow #15 is in the books (I think it is 15) and I am sweating like it is July. 

79 here. Taking a quick break here before finishing up mow #35.

It's warm everywhere in the eastern half Southern PA

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

79 here. Taking a quick break here before finishing up mow #35.

It's warm everywhere in the eastern half Southern PA

80's aplenty.  You have a quandary tomorrow....18Z Rgem says mid 70's and 3K Nam says low to mid 50's.  Do you go with the rgem and wear shorts or do you go with the 3K and wear shorts? 

Awoke to hear the AC humming .....60 degrees outside.  MDT in the low 60's...their zone says high of 56.     On the other side, several models have that favored areas of PA including some LSV snow shower/flurry look for Tue Night/Wed AM. 

Edit-down to 57 at 7:40.  Due East wind blowing strong....gusts in the low 30's 

47 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Pouring out with a little thunder. 48 degrees.

One tree I look at in the neighbors yard had red vibrate leaves. They all come off over night

No records broke this week. Seemed to stay 1-2 degrees under the record all week.

I noticed that too, the trees with the vibrant colors didnt last long. That gusty wind yesterday stripped those leaves. I thought this year was a great year for colors.

• Like 2

Some light rain across the county this morning...a bit drier but still cloudy this PM with more rain arriving late tonight. Rainfall amounts should be light and generally less than 0.25" in most spots. It will be over 20 degrees cooler than yesterday with high temps closer to normal in the upper 50's. Of note yesterday was the last day with an average high temperature of 60 degrees....the next time we average above 60 will be April 12th.
Records for today 79 (1946) / Low 23 (1976) / Rain 4.04" (2012)
image.png.682478fdb50f4ba620cfb9efa144fa85.png

9 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
Some light rain across the county this morning...a bit drier but still cloudy this PM with more rain arriving late tonight. Rainfall amounts should be light and generally less than 0.25" in most spots. It will be over 20 degrees cooler than yesterday with high temps closer to normal in the upper 50's. Of note yesterday was the last day with an average high temperature of 60 degrees....the next time we average above 60 will be April 12th.
Records for today 79 (1946) / Low 23 (1976) / Rain 4.04" (2012)
image.png.682478fdb50f4ba620cfb9efa144fa85.png

Watch the midnight high. MDT sitting at 67 or 68 for their high today at this point. 

19 hours ago, TimB said:

Not quite central PA....but I am actual closer to KLNS than I am to KPHL...only 7.5 miles from the Lancaster County and 6 miles from Berks County