• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The one and the same though the CMC has it as well just a different day (Fri instead of Wed).  The chance of being ~20 AN is the real headline IMO.  

There's a known problem with the Gfs surface temps that Ncep is working on from what I've heard. So it's hard to say when its surface forcasts of way AN temps is from its bias or legit. But if the Canadian has it, I  buy the threat.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

There's a known problem with the Gfs surface temps that Ncep is working on from what I've heard. So it's hard to say when its surface forcasts of way AN temps is from its bias or legit. But if the Canadian has it, I  buy the threat.

Totally agree and I have seen all 3 (CMC, EURO and GFS) show greatly anomalous temps that often fail to produce both in cold and warm seasons, but at this stage/based on current data,  some 80's do seem likely next week so was surprised our group warminista's had not pointed the higher possibilities out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Totally agree and I have seen all 3 (CMC, EURO and GFS) show greatly anomalous temps that often fail to produce both in cold and warm seasons, but at this stage/based on current data,  some 80's do seem likely next week so was surprised our group warminista's had not pointed the higher possibilities out. 

Bring on the heat, if its avaliable. But days are too short to enjoy it. By the time it warms up it cools down.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mitchnick said:

They both backed down a bit to show low to mid 80's next week vs. approaching 90.  Euro concurs though the details are a bit different.    GFS and Euro head us into a nice fall period after this heat as a trough digs in from the NW.   CMC not so much as the ridge hold on well into next weekend. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pawatch said:

48 degrees this morning.

Still mowing the grass about every 4 days.

Leaves will be soon starting to turn in October.

50 degrees here this morning.

My yard...I have not mowed since last Tuesday. The grass this morning might be the highest it's been since we moved to Maytown 24 years ago. If it was ever longer, it's been years. I'll be mowing this afternoon, hopefully before my neighbor down the road comes to check on me to see if I'm okay. :)  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Get out the hose again.  Veggies needed watered this AM.  My grass has grown some so mow #14 is definitely on the docket maybe next week.

I wanted to mow yesterday but it was just too wet. It is as green as green can be here at the moment...but yes, it won't take long at all before things start to flip back. I'm always amazed at how quickly things dry out. And I guess it would dry out even quicker minus the mid-summer humidity?  

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wanted to mow yesterday but it was just too wet. It is as green as green can be here at the moment...but yes, it won't take long at all before things start to flip back. I'm always amazed at how quickly things dry out. And I guess it would dry out even quicker minus the mid-summer humidity?  

My guess is that the grass does not show the strain as quickly this time with less sun/shorter days but if it does not rain tomorrow, by mid-week I expect browning.  These big 2" rains and then nothing for 10 days does not work for the grass unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

My guess is that the grass does not show the strain as quickly this time with less sun/shorter days but if it does not rain tomorrow, by mid-week I expect browning.  These big 2" rains and then nothing for 10 days does not work for the grass unfortunately. 

Yeah, very good point about less sun. 

And we're now at the time of the year where we'll be tracking actual fronts and storms for rainfall as we're moving out of pop-up season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My grass was to wet to mow, but i had to do it. Looks like hell but I will get her back in shape Saturday prior to kickoff. My grass looks like its Early May, not late September 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah, very good point about less sun. 

And we're now at the time of the year where we'll be tracking actual fronts and storms for rainfall as we're moving out of pop-up season. 

Yea, good point on the fronts.   I am more in the game now....fronts are more to my liking here.  GFS and Euro have a nice front next weekend (would ruin late Fri/early Saturday though.) 

12 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

My grass was to wet to mow, but i had to do it. Looks like hell but I will get her back in shape Saturday prior to kickoff. My grass looks like its Early May, not late September 

See, I was going to use that strategy for Saturday but I'm thinking it will be too wet to cut in the morning before noon kickoff. And I just told my wife last evening that if I knew nothing else, to look at our yard I'd swear it was about Easter time. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, good point on the fronts.   I am more in the game now....fronts are more to my liking here.  GFS and Euro have a nice front next weekend (would ruin Saturday though.) 

We reverse roles now. Fronts typically bring you more goods than they do here. The leveling process commences! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

See, I was going to use that strategy for Saturday but I'm thinking it will be too wet to cut in the morning before noon kickoff. And I just told my wife last evening that if I knew nothing else, to look at our yard I'd swear it was about Easter time. 

I rolled the dice. I may have to fix it Sunday, before 1pm kickoff :blink: sooner or later, i'll fix it. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Today will be our 15th straight below normal day across Chester County. Dreary chilly weather returns later today through early Saturday AM. The heaviest rain looks to stay east of Chesco but up to a 0.50" of rain can't be ruled out especially in eastern spots. The Sun returns on Sunday and we begin a nice warming trend for the first week of October. However, signs point to that being short lived as some chillier weather looks likely to move back in during the 2nd week of the 10th month!
Records for today: High 87 (1921) / Low 30 (1947) / Rain 2.97" (2004)
image.png.4559d69542401b1a9007b04f05199cf1.png