• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA Autumn 2023

38 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Watching college football yesterday and seeing temps in the mid 90s out in Lincoln is crazy. Lots of big time heat lurking.

Speaking of college football, one of these days UVA will hold for a win.  I put them as my photo because they are sort of small version of what happened to Marshall at this point. They only had 3 players killed but then a large number of players left so they had to start over and pull in players off campus to fill their squad.  Their kicker is 34 years old.  

Well we finished September at near to below normal temperatures at all Chester County locations with the exception of the Glenmoore coop station - which recorded one of their warmest Septembers on record.
Of the 5 COOP locations only Glenmoore finished well above normal with an average temperature of 68.4 which is +1.6 degrees above the 30 year average for the month. This was also the 19th warmest September at Glenmoore across 67 years of data. Both KPTW Pottstown 65.5 degrees finished at -0.8 below normal and Phoenixville 66.6 degrees (0.7) finished with below normal temperatures good for 65th chilliest at Phoenixville with 131 years of data and 10th chilliest at KPTW with 25 years of records. Both KMQS Coatesville 67.1 +0.3 and here in East Nantmeal 65.4 +0.02 finished with slightly above normal temps with KMQS recording their 8th warmest September with 16 years of records and EN recording their 62nd warmest September with 130 years of records.
The week ahead looks great with well above temps....we could in fact reach 80 degrees across some lower spots of the county for the last time this year on Wednesday. Much cooler weather returns by next weekend.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Turned the AC back on. It got to 76 in here and it’s muggy and we are moving our bedroom furniture to the trash since new stuff gets delivered from our Amish dude this week. I was dropping sweat. 

AC definitely on here.    East not spared from the heat today.    Stuck on 82 here so not sure if we get 85. 

image.thumb.png.e5448f03526103a585411e15a0b9e2d5.png

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Turned the AC back on. It got to 76 in here and it’s muggy and we are moving our bedroom furniture to the trash since new stuff gets delivered from our Amish dude this week. I was dropping sweat. 

You can invite the amish to live in the burg. They are moving up here in droves. Buying a lot of properties, farms, mountain land. They are everywhere. And it's not a good thing either. These are not your amish of the 1970s. 

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

You can invite the amish to live in the burg. They are moving up here in droves. Buying a lot of properties, farms, mountain land. They are everywhere. And it's not a good thing either. These are not your amish of the 1970s. 

I won’t say more because it might upset some here but the Amish are not great neighbors anymore for the most part. High levels of abuse (mental, sexual and physical) in the communities is outrageous and growing. It seems some of the communities are breaking apart, which is heartbreaking. 

Our furniture guy from what we can tell is a good man. We use a Mennonite to order and pay for him. 

• Like 2

Some lower spots across the county reached the low 50's this morning - this is still a few degrees above normal as our average low temperatures during October fall from the upper 40's to start the month to near 40 by Halloween. Of note last October we only recorded 1 day of 70 degrees or above....this week we will see every day of the work week well into the 70's with even 80 degrees possible both Tuesday and Wednesday especially in the low spots of the area. Next rain chances are not till Friday night with the cold frontal passage that will send out temps to well below normal by next weekend.
Records for today: High 88 (2019) / Low 28 (1899) / Rain 3.18" (1929)
image.png.53119ec9abae48c008c5ee1bd27e247b.png

12 hours ago, canderson said:

I won’t say more because it might upset some here but the Amish are not great neighbors anymore for the most part. High levels of abuse (mental, sexual and physical) in the communities is outrageous and growing. It seems some of the communities are breaking apart, which is heartbreaking. 

Our furniture guy from what we can tell is a good man. We use a Mennonite to order and pay for him. 

My wife's brother in law works for the Amish at a strip mine in Treverton. There were several times he went to the dr. and presented his insurance card and was denied. Here the Amish weren't paying the insurance that was being taken out of his paycheck. And also a few months ago the payroll check bounced at the bank. My wifes brother in law keeps going back to work for these Amish, and we keep telling him he's a fool for doing it. I don't get it. Yes the Amish are into everything, but they need the English to make a living. Don't get me wrong there are some good amish out there. But alot will take you over.

• Like 2

Looking over morning runs, it appears that Saturday(ish) is our transition day away from this weeks Indian summer and verbatim would suggest a notably cooler regime getting established for us. Most majors show it locked in thru end of run cycles.  

Looking forward to it, and as it will likely change some as we get further out...500's suggest trough seems to be hanging tough (although flattens a bit)here in the east so at the minimum, warmth will be diminished.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Right? I mowed on both Thursday and again yesterday. My grass is very green, very healthy, and growing very fast. (that will slow this week but I'm certainly not finished yet)

I'm at 30 mows currently. 

I'll bet i'll have to mow at least once a week through October. Normally the first week in November i mow one last time to mulch up any remaining leaves. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am looking at mow 14 this weekend/early next week depending on rain timing.  Not sure I go beyond that not counting leave mulching.   

That's just as unbelievable every time you share that - you're averaging one mow every 2 weeks since the beginning of April. I went several weeks with only a couple of mows, but I've also had many weeks of mowing twice. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's just as unbelievable every time you share that - you're averaging one mow every 2 weeks since the beginning of April. I went several weeks with only a couple of mows, but I've also had many weeks of mowing twice. 

I have neighbors who have not mowed since June.  I am only mowing now because I kept watering my grass for two months and kept it barely alive, but it is not healthy....though green and growing a bit.  

• Like 1