• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

first game was in the late 70s when Micky Shuler Sr. was there. 

Back in those days, a PSU football game on TV was a rarity. Only chance was when ABC would pick up a meaningful game (like my first game) but other than that, it was listening on the radio. 

We're spoiled now. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Checking back in when Corum runs for 177 on y’all ;)

Believe me that's my biggest concern ha.  Those D-tackles holding up is a big question mark.  But let's not act like Michigan has exactly looked dynamite so far this year, and they'll be coming east.  How much that game matters depends a good bit on how the PSU-OSU game at the Shoe goes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Believe me that's my biggest concern ha.  Those D-tackles holding up is a big question mark.  But let's not act like Michigan has exactly looked dynamite so far this year, and they'll be coming east.  How much that game matters depends a good bit on how the PSU-OSU game at the Shoe goes.

I actually think we have a better shot at beating Michigan if we lose in Columbus - I say we go 1-1 against the 2 of them. Just a sports fanatic's hunch. 

• Like 2

I was born in State College.  My Dad worked at the HUB (Director of Student Activities) and we went to all the games.  We moved in 1983 but I returned to attend PSU in 1993.  To say I bleed blue and white is an understatement.  My visits there now with my kids are more of a return home than anything else...

***PSU-Nebraska in 1982 (under the lights) was the biggest game I can remember attending as a kid.  Also, watching Doug Flutie....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, paweather said:

Definitely possible I think both the Phillies and O's have an uphill battle. 

Possible...the Phillies can rake, will they be able to outscore opponents is the big question.

The Orioles...I am the LAST guy in the world to act like a homer. Most people say that I'm way too pessimistic when it comes to my teams, especially the O's. Usually, pessimism wins out though. :) I will say this - that team has consistently exceeded everyone's expectations. when Mike Elias took over as GM in 2018, he felt it would be about 7-8 years before the team would seriously contend. We're in year #5 and they're on the verge of 100 wins in a pretty fair division. The team has set an all-time franchise record (think about that for a sec) of 52 wins this year ON THE ROAD. Longest losing streak is 4 games, and they have not been swept in a series for a year and a half. Think about that too. 

Like the Phillies, and outside of Grayson (who has been pitching like an ace down the stretch) the pitching is...good, but their are better staffs to be sure. Getting Bautista back at the back end of the bullpen would help. Cano really thrives in the setup role. 

Honestly, having this conversation 2 years removed from a 52-110 season is nuts. I'm enjoying every minute of this ride and this season has already been a complete success. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anotherman said:

I was born in State College.  My Dad worked at the HUB (Director of Student Activities) and we went to all the games.  We moved in 1983 but I returned to attend PSU in 1993.  To say I bleed blue and white is an understatement.  My visits there now with my kids are more of a return home than anything else...

***PSU-Nebraska in 1982 (under the lights) was the biggest game I can remember attending as a kid.  Also, watching Doug Flutie....

I was up in Potter County during that Nebraska game and was trying in vain to get it on the radio. I heard just enough of that final TD in the closing seconds to wake up the mountainside. :)  

The sun has returned! Of note I did record the first temperature in the 40's this morning since June 8th. Today and tomorrow look dry before more showers by Friday AM. We then clear out for the weekend and begin a nice warming trend. We should see well above normal temps by Sunday and see it continue for potentially the first couple weeks of October. As Ben Franklin said autumn in PA is the "most agreeable time of year" from a weather wise perspective. It should also be great weather as the Phightin Phils begin another Red October on Tuesday! Go Phillies!
Records for today: High 92 (1900) / Low 30 (1947) / Rain 4.02" (1985)
image.png.110c0f011ff469b47bd1ec5de29b39f6.png

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Per the latest GFS, the "Heat Wave" next week would feature a day with MDT getting up to near 90 which would be 20 degrees above normal if it reached that figure. Has parts of Wisconsin getting to 95-100. 

Wow...

Well, I think a lot of us thought this might be coming as payback for our pleasant summer. :)  

32 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

The same Gfs that predicted days of consecutive 100+ this summer?

Yep. Weather forum "clickbait".  No different than when it shows 12"+ IMBY...but its still 192hr away.  

At least this summer has brought some "consistency" to the mid/long ranges as they all can suck equally...no matter the time of year.