• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Autumn 2023

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not me - it seemed like the 70s and 80s had a lot of southern sliders. 

This is me - I'd rather State College get 12" of snow while I get 2" followed by a sloppy mess than watching Richmond get 12" while it's partly sunny here. At least with the first scenario, something is happening. 

That's fair - since I moved here in 2006 we've not had many of those for me to rationalize snow-to-rain lol 

• Like 1

We had to drive to the Apple Store in Lancaster (it makes no sense Mechanicsbburg doesn't have one fwiw - c'mon Apple) this am and it smelled like coal very strongly on 283 around Elizabethtown or so. Any idea what's causing that? Never experienced it before. It smelled like Czechoslovakia from the late 80s, which was just clouted in coal smoke/dust 24/7.

Here is my grid forecast 

Saturday
Rain likely, mainly after 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 63. Northeast wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. 
Saturday Night
Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 57. Northeast wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible. 
Sunday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

40 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I'm really looking forward to experiencing this storm in Baltimore.  My gf is only a few blocks from the harbor. If it's not to hairy,  I will walk down to the harbor and shoot a quick video to post when a good band comes in.

4:50a I see PA made the cone. I wonder when that last happened?

I was in Jersey City where I had lived for years, just 10 blocks from the Hudson and a few blocks from NY Harbor for Superstorm Sandy. I went down by the river and the harbor for the last time before it hit during the late afternoon of the day before, I think. I wish I could say I remember it well but I don't. There wasn't much going on as I expected but I wanted to see for myself. I kept going around the neighborhood and down to the river that weekend trying to imagine what would happen. I ended up talking to and then kind of clinging to a cleaning lady from a nearby building also there. We shouted our good-byes. 

Lucky you will have your new girlfriend to cling to as necessary. I am definitely interested in seeing a video and hearing about what you see.

083500_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png.cff6b2747844063a84a0391b20dff70c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I'm really looking forward to experiencing this storm in Baltimore.  My gf is only a few blocks from the harbor. If it's not to hairy,  I will walk down to the harbor and shoot a quick video to post when a good band comes in.

@AtomixwxI'm letting this one for you

3 hours ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Just be sure to wear a bullet proof vest.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

@AtomixwxI'm letting this one for you

There's something to be said about parts of that post, but I'm not going to go there... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

What am I to you people? A jukebox of humor?

"Selection B5 is yardstick's girlfriend's the last woman on Earth with a bush."

"E7 gets you 9/11 jokes."

"C4 basically tells you to drink AIDS."

Here's a reference most of you will get with fondness of a better time. Arthur Fonzarelli, a real whore and a high school dropout elbowed the Jukebox of Lulz and now you're all shit out of luck.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

What am I to you people? A jukebox of humor?

"Selection B5 is yardstick's girlfriend's the last woman on Earth with a bush."

"E7 gets you 9/11 jokes."

"C4 basically tells you to drink AIDS."

Here's a reference most of you will get with fondness of a better time. Arthur Fonzarelli, a real whore and a high school dropout elbowed the Jukebox of Lulz and now you're all shit out of luck.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

short answer= YES

• Haha 1

Low of 48 here.  We've knocked back the MDT +departure to 3 degrees now and should do a real number on it through the end of the month.  In fact, I'll put myself out there and say we end with a mean temp of 69.4, which would put us at only 1.5 AN for the month and alone for 23rd place all time.  Pretty remarkable given how the month started.

looks like se 1/2 of pa should get some decent rain in the bucket.  Good to see.    My wife is in Bethany beach.  I told her to get on beach this morning and find a barstool this afternoon and enjoy time w/ gal pals.

Im looking forward to coffee on back porch of cabin and putting some miles on my legs in the mountains tomorrow morning . 

Have a great weekend wherever you are.   Life is good.

edit - Go STATE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Insane amount of rain for a 2 day period:

Saturday
Rain. High near 60. Breezy, with a northeast wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
Rain. Low around 56. Breezy, with a northeast wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Sunday
Rain. High near 63. Northeast wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.