• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

So bay of fundy has a 50 ft tidal range, largest in the world, wonder if Lee hits as modeled with incoming high tide, how high would the surge be. Man would love to watch that. 70 ft waves just offshore. We are talking Katrina plus surge on the east side. Despite being downgraded to 1 by then the ocean remembers the 4/5 and is carrying a ton of energy. 

Screenshot_20230914_095410_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

OT
I'm stoked for the longest time I've had a commercial tower 30' in height waiting for erecting. Finally finding a little strength to try. The sections are out at the plot, sensors connected, 200ft to the nearest tree. A wireless Davis VP2, all the whistles and bells. Going to be tough raising @300lbs. The old me would of had it up and running in about 2 days.
I also have (4) IP cameras to install for a panoramic view NW,SW, SE, NE.
To appease my addiction and yet still haven't found my fix. Two sensor suites, one in each pasture!

Lee LF:  Rockland ME. Is it really going to be a landfall? Probably be PT as the center of the storm tracks over land.
O/U Highest gust: 85mph. In or around Halifax. 

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That high tide Saturday afternoon along the Maine coast should be a doozy, PWM is 12:47 pm.

28 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I just don't see keeping power here under frequent gust in the 45-55mph+ range, This is the 12z Nam.

floop-nam-2023091412.sfcgust-imp.us_state_ne_n.gif

Between those two things, coast is going to get rocked.  Inland too, just minus the surf.  

Seems like with the eastern ticks the general public is thinking their out of the woods.  

More Allens, B&M Beans, and canned brown bread for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, tunafish said:

Between those two things, coast is going to get rocked.  Inland too, just minus the surf.  

Seems like with the eastern ticks the general public is thinking their out of the woods.  

More Allens, B&M Beans, and canned brown bread for me.

The Allens here is called Lewiston Martini's....................:lol:

• Haha 2