Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

26 minutes ago, WJX231 said:

As much as I love how New England has a change of seasons it does get super boring and summer in particular is really tough. Aside from winter nor'easters New England weather isn't exciting at all. Other areas of the country get many more extremes than us. Can't even get a significant severe weather event here in SE Mass or a brief, but exciting record-breaking summer heatwave akin to August 1975. I wish we could just get something interesting and anomalous for once. Granted, at least this isn't San Diego levels of boring but it's pretty close.

The weather enthusiast part of me wants to experience the thrill of a major hurricane, however the sensible homeowner part of me doesn't. But it's just not the same traveling to Florida to experience one as it is getting one in your own backyard.

I've heard that the return period for a major hurricane in New England is 70 years, but for all we know it could be much longer. I mean, between 1635 and 1815 New England didn't see a major.....imagine we have to wait another 100+ years to see another one since Carol was only 70 years ago? I never even got to see Bob in 1991. I wish that I had the opportunity to see a significant wind event firsthand at home but I have to accept that I might never.

I don't know about you, but I appreciate the fact that we get both blizzards and tropical systems, yet neither are normally deadly. Most other areas have more dangerous weather, whether it be severe, hurricanes, earthquakes...we have a nice range of non-lethal weather otucomes.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Where else gets routinely exciting weather year round?

The thing is each area of the country can get more extremes but all the extreme events don’t happen at the same place over and over.  So while it feels like you are missing out, just move somewhere else and watch 10 months of boring weather happen… while still watching extreme events happen around the country where you are not.

Western Kansas, utterly breathless 2 months during spring, toaster bath the rest of the year.

18 hours ago, 78Blizzard said:

Another fail by most of the models again, at least here.  GFS had a high of 96F here today, but the high was 88F, now 86F.  So we fail once again to reach 90F here as had been predicted so many times since early August.  The last 90F here was back sometime in July, and we reached it only twice this summer.  But we have made up for that with the high humidity.

It's almost like the models are controlled by the warmistas, lol.

BOS hit 93.  I also hit 93 so maybe not.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

81/77… Fellas are so happy.. so free. Glorious day to pave 

6brk7JY.jpg

Stepped outside of the A/C onto the porch long enough to take a photo?

Should go interview them on camera lol… “I have all of these people who don’t think today is a banner day to pave. But it’s glorious out here, is it not? What do you say to those folks?”

”Frank, can we stuff this guy in the asphalt or is that frowned upon?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Stepped outside of the A/C onto the porch long enough to take a photo?

Should go interview them on camera lol… “I have all of these people who don’t think today is a banner day to pave. But it’s glorious out here, is it not? What do you say to those folks?”

”Frank, can we stuff this guy in the asphalt or is that frowned upon?”

Probably doesn't even offer water.