• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discobs 2023

George BM

Starting to wind down, but that was unquestionably the storm of the season for me. Wind was kind of pedestrian (typically that’s localized microburst stuff anyway), but not lame. The rain fell in sheets and I probably counted 4 or 5 legit Florida-style cg strikes with a couple others that were very close. Still hearing a lot of thunder as the storm lifts nne.

• Like 1

Just got home from picking the younger Miss J up from Frederick Community College. She has a dual enrollment class. The storm hit just as we pulled out. I have to get on 15 S to get home and debated winding our way through downtown Frederick, but decided any way it would just be a slow go. With traffic moving at a crawl, we got a spectacular show of lightning and small hail. Mr. J just showed me that the hail here at the house was about 1/4" diameter. My PWS is showing .99" off that cell. A lot of ponding over a lot of roads here as water was just running off the dry ground. 

• Like 8

Just got home from picking the younger Miss J up from Frederick Community College. She has a dual enrollment class. The storm hit just as we pulled out. I have to get on 15 S to get home and debated winding our way through downtown Frederick, but decided any way it would just be a slow go. With traffic moving at a crawl, we got a spectacular show of lightning and small hail. Mr. J just showed me that the hail here at the house was about 1/4" diameter. My PWS is showing .99" off that cell. A lot of ponding over a lot of roads here as water was just running off the dry ground. 

Yea, this was a flush hit…finally. No hail here, though, at least that I could tell.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Yea, this was a flush hit…finally. No hail here, though, at least that I could tell.

I was worried about getting onto 15. Got on at Motter Ave and it immediately was slow. But surprisingly everyone was going slow and letting traffic merge. I expected at least one accident but got back down to the 340 exit in about 15 min. Miss J was geeking out in the car with me at the lightning strikes. Raining so hard at sometimes it was deafening. But yes jackpot in my book after a pretty abysmal rain parched summer. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

The droughters finally cashed in!

Confirmation bias, etc. aside, gotta wonder how much of this is a coincidence or it just illustrates how some of the little microclimates around here score/suffer together lol.

Meanwhlie, just heard thunder again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Storm just to my south is throwing off lightning all over. Just had a huge bolt and crack of thunder. 

ETA got just into the edge of it and getting so more rain. 

IMG_9590.jpeg.88bfd1d8462299a2ac7736e3cf0edd43.jpeg

That literally might have been the bolt I saw because I've got a pretty wide view looking s/sw.  I think I'm gonna fringed by this one, but I'm definitely hearing it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 87storms said:

That literally might have been the bolt I saw because I've got a pretty wide view looking s/sw.  I think I'm gonna fringed by this one, but I'm definitely hearing it.

Probably was. We just got in the northern edge of that and picked up another .16" to put todays total at 1.16". Need way more but will take it. 

• mappy unpinned this topic