• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2023

George BM

It was 108 today. Then storms hit us with 55 mph winds that lifted a ton of dust. It cooled off to 90/68 but it felt to me like 73/53. The rain was farther east, but at least it cooled us down. It's been a hot hot summergeddon down here. Tomorrow, cool wave with highs only around 99. That's cool, after days of 105, 106, 107, and 108 for highs.

13 hours ago, Jebman said:

It's setting up for a cool autumn with breathtaking foliages then a frigid winter laden with snow after snow after snow after snow after snow. You're going to get so much of it that you're gonna be TIRED of snow, yet it will just keep on smashing the Mid Atlantic completely into wintry, frigid, Siberian smithereens. It will snow deep, you will dig it with a patented Jebman Shovel, only to have stiff northerly breezes pile it right back on your driveway, and you'll bounce out of bed the next frigid morning to find your car drifted in but good, in a five foot drift, of hard packed snow. Its gonna happen a lot.

That's alright.  I've got gloves...instead of working on my jump shot, I'll focus on my handles.

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

My parents are now under a mandatory evacuation in Manatee County for Level A. I think they will be heading to my sisters in Atlanta like last year. 

Hoping for the best for their property! Glad they will be safe elsewhere. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hstorm said:

Our pool is fortunately also open next weekend (but unfortunately closed Tues-Fri).  Those couple extra pool days are going to be needed.

Nice. Should still work out for you guys!

Our pool stayed open for an extra weekend or two in 2021 (I think). From what I recall, the weather didn't cooperate, so no one really used it.

Tough call when your pool is trying to cut some costs and the weather could either be nice and toasty or cloudy and cool. Hell...even the bright, sunny days can end with temps in the breezy 60s by a little after dinnertime and the sun going down behind the trees. Not the best swimming weather at that point!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 10:50 AM, H2O said:

Glad to hear they have a safer place to go to.  Hope things aren't bad after it passes

On 8/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hope they will be safe, Mrs. J...Atlanta is a good place to be.

Thanks! They got word yesterday that it was not that bad at their place. The are waiting a couple of days to head back as they take 75S to get home and want to make sure all is clear on the route. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic