Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

19 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

yeah, you're not in New England, are you? Because we we had in July was very humid with warm mins. Not one single poster here (aside from maybe DIT) would characterize this past July as intense heat. i mean, I had 5 days at 90 or above, which is perfectly normal for my neck of the woods in New England

Interesting. It might have been driven by lows, but it certainly wasn't a result of the urban heat island effect.

Mount Washington, NH (Pop: 0)

image.png.31d590c9d9032fd00dac4e12a0b471e7.png

Caribou, ME (Pop: 7,396)

image.png.f36b817fe4590978814842da3fac0db5.png

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I’d love 95-100…I’d love even more 95-100 with dews in the 70’s. But if 95-100 can’t happen keep the dews in the 70’s. Sweat for all 

Going to Disney Saturday through Wednesday . I expected brutally hot but not record highs with temps near 100 and  dews 75-80+ (highest with afternoon sea breeze) heat index values are 105-115 most of the day maxing out 115-120. Heat index went above 100 today at 8am! Orlando tied their record today I think at 99. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Warm September?   Sign me up

More likely just a heat spell ...magnitude to be determined.   Sometimes these signals can be eroded at both ends all the way down to just a two day warm sector.  

I spoke a bit at length about the global telecon behavior so ...yeeeah, that lends a bit more to it. But I gotta say, I've been noticing a lot more over the past 7 years, times when leading telecon spread/projections leave something to be desired with the realized patterns that resulted, too.   Between summer index correlation dimming, and that latter aspect ... have to be conservative for the time being.  The signal is there for now, though

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Going to Disney Saturday through Wednesday . I expected brutally hot but not record highs with temps near 100 and afternoon dews 75-80.. heat index values are 110-120

The heat/humidity has been quite relentless down that way. I think yesterday at 8 AM MIA had a HI close to 100 :lol: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Going to Disney Saturday through Wednesday . I expected brutally hot but not record highs with temps near 100 and afternoon dews 75-80.. heat index values are 110-120

Shoot me in that weather in that place , holy geezus, Are people not dropping Like flies at the park 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

But they get the daily 3PM thunderstorm to cool it off

(not really- just like adding water in a sauna)

If you are 95 + ( to upper 90’s)  with mid 70 dews it very easy to over do it . That is heat we don’t experience and you find out fast you can’t be in the sun too long. 

• Like 2

Severe potential is all about how much llvl CAPE can materialize which the best bet will be in the true warm sector. It likely will have to be pretty sufficient too as shear is going to be quite strong. So if there isn’t enough instability any rotation will be pretty meh and updrafts will be ripped apart easily. LCL’s should be super low which helps 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Severe potential is all about how much llvl CAPE can materialize which the best bet will be in the true warm sector. It likely will have to be pretty sufficient too as shear is going to be quite strong. So if there isn’t enough instability any rotation will be pretty meh and updrafts will be ripped apart easily. LCL’s should be super low which helps 

mm.. the majority of guidance ( the NAM is just on roids for some reason ) closing off contours with some kind of coastal is ....well, kind of doesn't seem realistic but be that as it may, if that happens... ?

nothing but heavy rain bundles

32 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Interesting. It might have been driven by lows, but it certainly wasn't a result of the urban heat island effect.

Mount Washington, NH (Pop: 0)

image.png.31d590c9d9032fd00dac4e12a0b471e7.png

Caribou, ME (Pop: 7,396)

image.png.f36b817fe4590978814842da3fac0db5.png

All driven by high nightly lows.ORH max high was 89 which put it 92nd out of 126 Julys maxes

chart.jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm.. the majority of guidance ( the NAM is just on roids for some reason ) closing off contours with some kind of coastal is ....well, kind of doesn't seem realistic but be that as it may, if that happens... ?

nothing but heavy rain bundles

Yeah I’m thinking heavy rain and flooding is by far the biggest concern here. I don’t even think there is much thunder really. Those lapse rates are about as terrible as you can get. Obviously if southern areas can tap into the higher theta-e air it’s a different story with low potential 

15 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

My wife says I’m being dramatic and it’s always this hot in Florida and we will be fine.  No respect!

It is brutal in July and August in general there. Add a few more degrees and the misery increases. 
Avoid the parks mid day. Head back to the resort and pool. Take a nap

• Like 1
  • Haha 1