Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9th - 11th significant flood event

ineedsnow

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Torrential rainfall.  This stuff is very efficient... and loud.

East side getting soaked.  It's all draining within a couple hundred feet of my door.  Tomorrow may be interesting for the West Branch.

Cropped.thumb.jpg.257c89bbb12980c9ed2fb04b130714ea.jpg

Good luck man!  I live in a house safe from rapid water rise but the potential for heartache from water exists everywhere in WNE.

The rivers around here (Deerfield R, Green R, Cold R) are very susceptible to heavy rains in S VT but fortunately it looks like that bullet is dodged.  Our town swimming area, is a dammed section on the Green River and it has already been closed 8 days since June due to high/rapid water.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

One has to wonder.  Not going to lie, I am very intrigued at how this plays out given the consistent high-end model data.  Maybe it’s a bust, but it’s been consistent.  A great learning experience in progress either way.   

Hoping not to learn some of the lessons this could teach.  Ugh. One house at elevation in the green mountains and one in north central Connecticut.  5-6 am looks very rainy

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

One has to wonder.  Not going to lie, I am very intrigued at how this plays out given the consistent high-end model data.  Maybe it’s a bust, but it’s been consistent.  A great learning experience in progress either way.

00z GFS.

7B8372CC-C60C-4A4E-9A8C-FCEC7BC07499.thumb.png.beaa17a6ce60fdd4e27682a8b0a836e4.png

00z HERPES

520AC6E4-C7C0-42B3-B4A6-8EE727961994.thumb.png.3d751d1ba7e11fffc91b59afca5c5047.png

Both of those scenarios will have rivers running strong here.  Herps is a lot of water draining south over saturated soil.

13 minutes ago, Skivt2 said:

Hoping not to learn some of the lessons this could teach.  Ugh. One house at elevation in the green mountains and one in north central Connecticut.  5-6 am looks very rainy

Both houses will be fine.  The roads leading to the VT domicile might be compromised though.