Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9th - 11th significant flood event

ineedsnow

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pretty crazy how localized precip can be at this time of year. Eastern new England will be looking at crisp lawns and VT NH and CT will have bridges washed away this week.

It always is this time of year.

This map posted by Stein shows how NNE and SE SNE missed out the multi-day 2-6” event through the heart of SNE/CNE a few days ago.

This summer just wants to rain.  Big total events keep rolling through the region. 

80C92111-F9A5-4DA4-9758-8EDB0AE08933.jpeg.0a94fc122928ab815650c6ab78487787.jpeg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Didn't you document Ashford Eastford last year?

I did, though iirc it was originally a severe warning that turned into a water event. That was crazy. 

KYMXzSo.jpg

y3l8Ndt.jpg

I also chased Florence knowing the water risk, but did a really good job researching a relatively dry location for that. The area was inundated. 

DHGm57g.jpg

bKHv5wf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It always is this time of year.

This map posted by Stein shows how NNE and SE SNE missed out the multi-day 2-6” event through the heart of SNE/CNE a few days ago.

This summer just wants to rain.  Big total events keep rolling through the region. 

80C92111-F9A5-4DA4-9758-8EDB0AE08933.jpeg.0a94fc122928ab815650c6ab78487787.jpeg

Good illustration of the haves and have nots. I know scooter says he’s got mushrooms in his yard, but it’s been dry here overall. No two ways about it.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I did, though iirc it was originally a severe warning that turned into a water event. That was crazy. 

KYMXzSo.jpg

y3l8Ndt.jpg

I also chased Florence knowing the water risk, but did a really good job researching a relatively dry location for that. The area was inundated. 

DHGm57g.jpg

bKHv5wf.jpg

I drove around March 2010 in RI, that was nutz. Dam breaks and all

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Been stuck for several years in the Mojave desert for work before coming back to New England. If it took that to wash out some of the roads around here so they'd be forced to replace/repave, I'd take it.

Looks like a nice imaging setup you have in your profile picture!

rain is done here for now. We will see what tonight brings.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Good illustration of the haves and have nots. I know scooter says he’s got mushrooms in his yard, but it’s been dry here overall. No two ways about it.

There are mushrooms all over here and we’ve got more red on that map than your area. I believe Coastalwx.

This afternoon on a trail I saw mushrooms everywhere. Red, orange, white. It’s the humidity/dews mixed with the rain there has been.

I can’t believe you are that much drier there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

There are mushrooms all over here and we’ve got more red on that map than your area. I believe Coastalwx.

This afternoon on a trail I saw mushrooms everywhere. Red, orange, white. It’s the humidity/dews mixed with the rain there has been.

I can’t believe you are that much drier there.

I think the mushrooms are more a product of of humidity. Like I have weird mushroom/fungus stuff in areas on my yard that are going brown and getting crispy.

Not sure if we are officially “drought” status here, but it’s been dry, especially relative to most other areas, as that map illustrates 

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think the mushrooms are more a product of of humidity. Like I have weird mushroom/fungus stuff in areas on my yard that are going brown and getting crispy.

Not sure if we are officially “drought” status here, but it’s been dry, especially relative to most other areas, as that map illustrates 

It’s been plenty wet. Between late May into early July most areas are well above normal. Even you. Maybe a few local steins but it’s been wet. 
another half inch to inch+  Tomorrow in many areas of eastern New England. Nobody has crisp lawns.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I swear swamp gas is getting to you or something. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Here is the road that goes from the main base area at Killington to bear mountain. This is a key road in town.  Route 100 north from 100a to rt 4 is closed and washed away.  All this is from Friday.  I live on rt 100A in relatively steep terrain with a small stream in the side yard that comes off the top of coolidge state forest.  It runs into pinney brook which runs along the length of rt 100a.  I’m nervous about tonight.

IMG_3919.jpeg

IMG_3917.jpeg

• Like 5