Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Scooter laughing at country yet he went to see Zach Brown and Stapleton . Lol. And dude loves this song. You can pretend.. but Country huge part of party lives 

Country is pretty easy to listen to.

Lyrics aren’t very deep. There’s very little hidden meanings or deciphering that needs to go on.  No one is creating thought-provoking music so its easy to see why people party to it.

Formula: Its always Friday, a weekend, or 5pm. Pick between beer or whiskey. My girl left me or there’s a new girl I want (I’ll tell you about it, don’t worry). Party in a field, down by the river or abandoned lot. Stars and Stripes or some flag reference mixed in.  Under the big sky. God. Getting drunk (happy or in sorrow). Pickup trucks (brand new or beat-up). We don’t need money; just a barn, booze, and friends. This is real living.

Copy that into an AI Bot and it’ll spit out a pop country song.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Lyrics aren’t very deep. There’s very little hidden meanings or deciphering that needs to go on.  No one is creating thought-provoking music so its easy to see why people party to it.

Formula: Its always Friday, a weekend, or 5pm. Pick between beer or whiskey. My girl left me or there’s a new girl I want (I’ll tell you about it, don’t worry). Party in a field, down by the river or abandoned lot. Stars and Stripes or some flag reference mixed in.  Under the big sky. God. Getting drunk (happy or in sorrow). Pickup trucks (brand new or beat-up). We don’t need money; just a barn, booze, and friends. This is real living.

Yeah I'll take a Vermont hippie lyrics any day of the week....

"Well I'm tired of dirt roads

Named after high school friends' grandfathers

And motherfuckers here

Still don't know they caught the Boston bombers"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

A lot of it is trite crap.  There is some great modern country, some of which is borderline outlaw and even psychedelic.  

Sturgill Simpson, Blackberry Smoke, Drive By Truckers, Tyler Childs, Margo Price, Eilen Jewel and the Alabama Shakes all come to mind. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Right now he is the biggest show in town. Dude is awesome 

If you like racists.

"Wallen tells TMZ, "I’m embarrassed and sorry. I used an unacceptable and inappropriate racial slur that I wish I could take back. There are no excuses to use this type of language, ever. I want to sincerely apologize for using the word. I promise to do better.”

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

A lot of it is trite crap.  There is some great modern country, some of which is borderline outlaw and even psychedelic.  

Sturgill Simpson, Blackberry Smoke, Drive By Truckers, Tyler Childs, Margo Price, Eilen Jewel and the Alabama Shakes all come to mind. 

All good! Love sturgill Simpson and blackberry smoke is pretty good. Saw them with government mule.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Love every one of them

Pandora station Country Rock Rebels

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Skiing Bears & Beer

User

(Verse 1) In a little town called Stowe, Where the mountains rise and the wild wind blows, There lived a man, they called him Mr. Bratten, A legend in these parts, no one could flatten.

(Chorus) Mr. Bratten, skiing bears and beer, Living life with no trace of fear, On those slopes, he'd glide without a care, A country hero with a wild flair.

(Verse 2) He'd wake up every morn' with the rising sun, Strap on his skis, ready for some fun, Through the snowy peaks, he'd carve his way, With bears as companions, he'd laugh and play.

(Chorus) Mr. Bratten, skiing bears and beer, Living life with no trace of fear, On those slopes, he'd glide without a care, A country hero with a wild flair.

(Bridge) From the mountain tops to the honky-tonk bars, Mr. Bratten's legend spread near and far, He'd down a cold one, raise his glass up high, Toast to the adventures that made him fly.

(Verse 3) Now, the townsfolk gathered 'round the fire, Listening to tales that would never tire, Of Mr. Bratten's daring escapades, Skiing bears and beer, no one could persuade.

(Outro) Though Mr. Bratten's no longer here, His spirit lingers, forever near, In our hearts, we'll remember his name, The man who skied with bears, his claim to fame.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Really like Jason Isbell. Love this one. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve never really gotten into jam band music either.  Like it in certain settings, like country.

I think all music has its place based on situation, mood and vibe.  That’s what makes it great. 

Neither have I. I was hanging out in Burlington a lot when Phish was starting up. I know I had to see them play at Nectar’s at some point but they must not have made a lasting impression on me because I don’t remember them lol. 

16 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Neither have I. I was hanging out in Burlington a lot when Phish was starting up. I know I had to see them play at Nectar’s at some point but they must not have made a lasting impression on me because I don’t remember them lol. 

Phish? Meh. Lot of good jam bands out there.  Current day I like tedeschi trucks and the revivalists. Old school The Allman Brothers were probably my favorite. To each his own . To me you can't beat this on a hot summer night

https://youtu.be/xbOlgESKbIc

12 minutes ago, kdxken said:

He's playing at the road runner in Brighton on the 27th. I can't believe he's not bigger than he is.

He doesn’t fit the cookie cutter image and sound the industry wants and pushes. Country seems like it’s where rock was in the 80’s. It pushes acts that fit the formula. That’s how we got hair metal. There are a lot of good country acts, like Hippy pointed out. You just don’t always find them on country radio as much as they should be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Phish? Meh. Lot of good jam bands out there.  Current day I like tedeschi trucks and the revivalists. Old school The Allman Brothers were probably my favorite. To each his own . To me you can't beat this on a hot summer night

https://youtu.be/xbOlgESKbIc

I like Tedeschi/Trucks too. I only referenced Phish because they came up when and where I was hanging out in the late 80’s. I also saw Derek Trucks play with the Dickie Betts Band when he was 15 or something crazy like that. What a talent. 

• Like 2