• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

I'm in Virginia at the canceled Blue Ridge Rock Festival. Must have had 2 days of bad storms at home son called said our power is off 12 hours so far with no estimate of when it's getting restored. Lots of trees down.

Sorry your event got cancelled.  That sucks big time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

2.64" was the final for Tamaqua, but did anyone see the photos from Clarks Summit? Simply amazing what it looked like up there last night.

Crazy up here. Closed 6&11 through Clarks Summit because it was underwater and closed Exit 194 off of 81. I ended the night at 4.69 which fell between 7-10PM.:blink:

The WBRE Site has crazy video.

• Like 2

The first 9 days have been among the warmest starts to September we have ever seen with Glenmoore recording their 6th warmest start (67 years of data) and Western Chester with their 13th warmest (130 years of data) and at Phoenixville 23rd warmest (131 years of data) Many areas across the county have picked up over 0.5" of rain so far today with more on the way. Temps look to fall to well below normal levels by the end of the work week.
Records for today: High 99 (1897) / Low 38 (1975) / Rain 1.74" (2015)
image.png.4df73594d163429d4165c39da29920b6.png

1 minute ago, canderson said:

This is my first actual rain in a month that is more than .1”. I have been really screwed until today. 

Believe me brother, I'm  with you on that. My July was about 1.25" or less and August had a couple of days with less than 1.5" and only some random showers for the month. I fear with this oddly evolving Niño we're all going to get screwed ala 72/73.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Typical for this summer, that area developed to my north by 5 miles and moved right up Rt.94.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=LWX-N0B-1-96-100-usa-rad

The key all summer has to be make complaints the morning before you get rain.  It works well for some.   Not ob's...ob's are great but do not bring the rain.  More "I am not getting rain today and that is final" posts.  LOL 

• Like 1