• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

They have music in so many movies/TV shows (namely Friday Night Lights). Love them so much, excited to hear the full new album. 
If there was a way to get a train from Harrisburg to there and back before 5am the morning after I would be there in a second. Now I have to see if I can wrankle enough people to make splitting a room worth it or staying with people living there

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I see flood watches are out for eastern areas. I still think it's absolutely insane that 100 miles or less separates areas that are close to driest start ever or those that received 200% preceiptation ytd

In other news, life's not fair!   j/k

Actually, I'm on the far western edge of that flood watch...I call bs imby.

12z run on the 3K NAM, which has done well lately as the stingyest model on qpf, gave me literally nothing. 18z puts me under a stripe of .75"+. It'll never happen.  And if it did, I'll dump out most of the water in my gauge before measuring. I can't miss with this forecast.

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I see flood watches are out for eastern areas. I still think it's absolutely insane that 100 miles or less separates areas that are close to driest start ever or those that received 200% preceiptation ytd

Any area can flood , even a desert, but for our creeks to flood in my locale we would need 4-6" in a few hours. 

They are actually lowering the water pressure here to try and limit water use.  It is very noticeable. 

image.thumb.png.2a09b162aebe55bdbf3af2b4e00fa0e1.png
That has bust written all over it.

The only think that gives me pause is that with the inherent randomness built in models and it's tendency to bust one direction consistently for months on end, is that it may reverse course to truly screw with people.

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

That has bust written all over it.

The only think that gives me pause is that with the inherent randomness built in models and it's tendency to bust one direction consistently for months on end, is that it may reverse course to truly screw with people.

I would not be counting on one drop of rain even if the flood watch area.  The line out west is less than "fat".   But I think many people get some rain. 

7 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What's the wild fire risk down there currently?

We got about 2/3" over the weekend, so things are probably marginally ok. But Codorus is incredibly low. I've only been in the area for 4 years but I  can't help but think we're getting near record low levels.

23 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What's the wild fire risk down there currently?

I had mentioned there were several fires started just south of the M/D line last week when lightning came through.   This is starting to get close to being as bad as the Great Drought of 2020.   We went 3-4 months with less than 1" in 2020 so not there yet. 

10 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hey @Itstrainingtime did you happen to see that the Orioles became the first team in MLB history to beat every other team at least once in a single season.  Obviously has only been possible for a small portion of that history but still a cool stat.

Yes sir, I was all over that. Very cool Stat indeed!