• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Summer 2023

5 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Lots and lots of fires are started by at least human influence if not Aaron. Look at California fire history with there arrests and the paradise fire started by power lines. You can pretty much look at a population density map overlayed with fires and at least have a pretty good idea of the odds are how it started. But fires in the borel forests of Canada are almost purely by lightning. I'm just upset that everything gets political anymore so neuence and details don't matter and it ensures both sides are horrendously wrong in different circumstances. You would appreciate the union fight our forest firefighters are going through right now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What union fight is that? 

.52" from last evening's storms, upon which I dropped to my low for the day of 74.  Low this morning was 71.  Yesterday may have been a bit underwhelming on the temp side (not humidity ha), with MDT topping out at 91 and a lack of extremes to be found, but today is the day I think we'll be off to the races.  Clear skies abound.  Don't think there will be any shortage of mid to upper 90s across the LSV today.  Doubtful we reach the national high of 125 seen at Death Valley yesterday, but I'm not ruling out @canderson.  Happy Friday, everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not take away shaming from the article vs. the writer's opinion on the changing way people may vacation.    Having the carbon footprint be part of the article obviously suggests it is climate changed based as to the opinion.   

my opinion: Hell i'm still waiting on the Ice age (the "experts" said was coming it was inevitable) we were all taught was coming in the mid 70's while we were in school. Hell thats almost 60 years ago. But after 60 nyears I'm finally prepared. I have no faith in experts anymore especially climate ones. Some people might not like what  I said, but I said what I said. History has shown me a pattern. And we were all taught back in those days history always repeats its self. And it has.

• Like 2

Most spots were well into the 80's yesterday for high temps with even some 90's in lower spots of the county. Today it appears almost all of us...will reach the low to mid-90's. Now, my location here in East Nantmeal has failed to actually surpass the 90 degree mark for more than 2 years! The last time I recorded a over 90 degree temperature was way back on June 30, 2021. That said I do have a poorly sited roof thermometer that has hit the 90 degree mark 2 times this year....but that roof top location inflates the readings. Correct placement of a thermometer is 4.5 to 6 feet above the ground and in a grassy location. It looks like showers tomorrow night will end this brief heat spell with yet another below normal stretch of weather days ahead starting Sunday through much of the upcoming week.
Records for today: High 101 (1941) / Low 50 (1946) / Rain 3.47" (1914)
image.png.b44f2914de27993a790df4a42a274858.png