Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

27 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Last big rains (6+ weeks ago?) decided to wash and ceramic coat the truck following. Been waiting to see how good this coating is I put on and finally got to see the beading. Ash and pollen rinsed right off. Welcome rains for sure.

Did the car wax thing about a week ago along with Rain-X on the windshield. It makes a difference but I wish this damn pollen would end overall.

Steady/heavy rain 69F/DP 66F

*Was out, been a long time since I've seen streaming water in the road gutters...

6-12-2023 5-51-50 PM.jpg

2 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Hope they get I95 rebuilt by winter so the rain/snow line knows where to set up.

LOL  The gap would be where stuff would ooze through. :lol:

(for some reason, although I may be wrong, is that they might try to aim for being done by Labor Day so it would also be done before the peak of hurricane season).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Puking fatties, er, dumping here as well, 67F.

Hope they get I95 rebuilt by winter so the rain/snow line knows where to set up.

Did we even have a rain/snow line chance last winter? It seemed like everything was definitely rain or nothing.

This is lifting out quickly...

67F/DP 65F/Mod-Heavy rain

lift.jpg

good for gardens lawns and trees. Thats it.  Stream flows will continue to fall as the first inch of soil has finally received some water.   The only water that made to the streams was from polluted (first flush) roads. The amount of non-point pollutants had to be astronomical in that runoff- from oil, fetilzer, pesticidesbird and animal crap etc. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_flush

• Weenie 1

We ended up with 1.97" of much needed rain in the bucket from yesterday's storm! That was the most rain in a single day so far in 2023. It also is the most daily rainfall since back on September 7th last year when we received 2.59" of rain. While we are now above normal for rainfall in June we are still have a rainfall deficit of 6.46". A beautiful day today with slightly below normal temps before a chance of a little more rain tomorrow before drying out on Thursday.
Records for today: High 96 (1902) / Low 42 (1907) / Rain 2.48" (1939)
image.png.21f6fe33b3ec75df180a4b100733bf44.png

Some showers are crossing the county this morning and some spots could see as much as 0.25" of rain but suspect most spots end up with a bit less than that. Near normal temps look to continue for much of the rest of the week with additional shower chances on Friday.
Records for today: High 96 (1945) / Low 43 (1978) / Rain 1.47" (1902)
image.png.88b91962eaf1692221eb993c1bf4e676.png