• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

Another below normal day today across the County...but by Monday we look to start our most sustained heat of the summer to date. It could even be a "heat wave" with 3 or more consecutive days over 90 degrees. Of course while many spots in the county should see multiple days over 90...I suspect East Nantmeal and other relatively higher spots will top out in the upper 80's for the most part....but fingers crossed I can see my first 90+ day in over 2 years!!

Records for today: High 102 (1953) / Low 42 (1934) / Rain 2.00" (1959)
image.png.a7f61bdb2b84de3e15b8850a774657fd.png

Added a few more rural location chilly summer climate analysis rankings around the area:

• Western Chesco 130 years of data -8th coldest May-Aug & 13th chilliest June-Aug
  • Glenmoore PA finished with their 7th coldest May-Aug with 67 years of data & 23rd chilliest June-Aug
  • KMQS Airport in Coatesville 16 years of data - finished with their 5th coldest May-Aug & 4th chilliest Jun-Aug
  • Hamburg (Berks County) 130 years of data - 12th coldest May - Aug & 18th chilliest June-Aug
  • New Holland (Lancaster) 32 years of data - 2nd coldest May - Aug & 5th chilliest June-Aug
  • KPTW Airport in Pottstown (Montgomery) 25 years of data - #1 Coldest May-August & 2nd chilliest June-Aug
  • In fact if we take the Pottstown Coop obs from 1894 through 2002 this summer was the 4th coldest over 130 years of summer data for Pottstown