joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

26 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

67F/DP 52F

Ski looks better so far. AQI 92

Plan on mowing Sun, rain Monday. If that event fails we're screwed for at least several more days...

Nice thing about this time of years is we don't have the added complication of worrying about the dreaded rain/snow line. Just gotta split the uprights.

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Most rain in five weeks a few hundred rain drops, not enough to rinse the pollen collecting on the car since then. Pollen car continues and see what happens Monday.

No idea since I don't have a gauge but would guess .1 - .2" here.

I placed a hose by my car and pretty much do a quick spray every evening. Otherwise I wake up to a layer of crap on the windshield and going through windshield wiper fluid like nuts.

56F/DP 49F/light rain 

7 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

No idea since I don't have a gauge but would guess .1 - .2" here.

I placed a hose by my car and pretty much do a quick spray every evening. Otherwise I wake up to a layer of crap on the windshield and going through windshield wiper fluid like nuts.

56F/DP 49F/light rain 

Too lazy for the hose and too cheap for the car wash and green power save the Earth man

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Too lazy for the hose and too cheap for the car wash and green power save the Earth man

That's why I ran the hose to where I park. Pick it up and hose down. 

Never paid for a car wash in my life...manual labor, tunes and a couple cold ones.

Couple more showers then I think I'm done...

done.jpg

Any precip we get on Monday- Tuesday time frame will be just enough to keep some green in the lawns and for keeping the garden going. The streams however are screwed. The stream base flows will continue to fall.  We need a tropical storm and there is one forming on the LR models after the 20th near the GOM. Maybe some of that moisture can make it up here.  Otherwise a drought warning/emergency is coming quickly. The cool temps are really saving us from having a drought emergencydeclared  now as people are only periodically watering their gardens. The poor corn crop should be approaching knee high by now and I only see sprouts in the LV. Even the winter wheat looks like crap.

• Weenie 1

Temps should warm to near normal today after yet another below normal low this morning...some low spots across the county touched the 40's this AM. Tomorrow should be the only above normal day until later in the upcoming work week. Rain chances finally look likely as we move into Sunday night through Monday. As always the models show a variety of options. These include as little as 0.25" to as much as 1.25" on the European Model. Fingers and toes crossed we get some much needed rain. After today we will be approaching a rain deficit of nearly 8" so far this year!
Records for today: High 94.7 (2008) / Low 37 (1972) / Rain 2.13" (2013)
image.png.a63add5c7fb75addf1f61dada724b475.png

Today will be our first above normal temperature day since last Saturday. In fact it may end up being our warmest day we see in the entire month of June. We should see lower to mid-80's for much of the county. The great news is that rain will be moving in tomorrow with both the European and GFS showing over an inch of rain for much of the county! Temps look to average normal to slightly below for much of the rest of the month of June.
Records for today: High 96 (1920) / Low 40 (1988) / Rain 3.30" (1968)
image.png.4f33694a528702758b606fd019c3b565.png

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

I95 bridge in Philly destroyed can you imagine the delays happy I don't live there

Complete mess, glad I live in the burbs and don't have to travel anywhere near I95.

84F/DP 57F Mostly cloudy

Pitt radar...looks like tomorrows stuff entering.

pitt.jpg