Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

Ok, this is weird. Here's my radar at the moment:

ciqRJ41.png

and here's my view to the west:

FFU0SSg.png

I think there's so much wind behind this that it blew all of the precip out in front. It got crazy gusty here, and then we had some brief rain spattering on the front of the house, and now it's calmer and sunny. Pretty wild. FWIW, none of this even registered in the rain gauge.

24 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Ok, this is weird. Here's my radar at the moment:

ciqRJ41.png

and here's my view to the west:

FFU0SSg.png

I think there's so much wind behind this that it blew all of the precip out in front. It got crazy gusty here, and then we had some brief rain spattering on the front of the house, and now it's calmer and sunny. Pretty wild. FWIW, none of this even registered in the rain gauge.

Radar could be a calibration issue or rolling shutter effect or picking up a turbulence artifact like you suggest. Radar isn't perfect insight as to what's going on right above you at that exact moment.... there are ....factors.   

• Like 1

Low temperatures last night continued to run about 5 degrees below seasonal averages with most spots in the mid 50's. High temperatures over the next week look to remain slightly below normal levels across Chester County as our chilly spring continues. Shower chances increase again tomorrow PM into Saturday with more showers possible by Monday night as we continue to try to cut into our rainfall deficit.
Records for today: High 97 (1945) / Low 44 (1933) / Rain 2.80" (1908)
image.png.89411a483053b5a47b330de4bee1acba.png

Some showers and a couple t-storms already starting to pop both to the West and SE of Chester County PA. We should see this activity ramp up over the next couple hours. Most models have at least 0.25" with the NAM showing almost an inch for those lucky spots that get underneath one of the storms.
Tomorrow looks nice with slightly below normal temps in the upper 70's. This chilly start to June is the 17th coldest first half of the month across 130 years of records for here in Chester County!
Records for today: High 97 (1957) / Low 43 (1961) / 2.60" (1916)
image.png.3be05a72477982ab13b269c749ccd50a.png