Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

kdix_20230627_0732_BR_0.5.thumb.png.0a3720c0e65d1f08ecb273a9a8128b15.png

And Armageddon said "I'm not done yet", so between 3:15 - 3:45 am, round 4, complete with a sound and light show, appeared.

Currently have 0.45" since 2 am from round 4, and that is on top of 0.47" from round 1, 0 from round 2, and 1.24" from round 3.  Total over 2 days 2.16" at post time.

Temp is 66 with dp 66.

• Like 1

I went to bed early last night, what I miss?

Seriously, that was awesome! As Mikeymac said, non-stop lightning and thunder. Seemed every time things were about to settle down, another round was incoming. Looks like I missed out on the heavier rates just to my SE (I bet even Birds got a little more than me). Still, about 1.70" event total here.

67F/DP 66F 

• Like 1

I am at 0.93 since Thursday. Sandwiched between two lines yesterday. Take Rt 100 from Macungie to just north of Pottstown and all got screwed while those to the west and especially east by only a few miles did great. Hopefully nature balances out today and I get popped.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, LVLion77 said:

I am at 0.93 since Thursday. Sandwiched between two lines yesterday. Take Rt 100 from Macungie to just north of Pottstown and all got screwed while those to the west and especially east by only a few miles did great. Hopefully nature balances out today and I get popped.

The cold front hasn't even gotten here yet and with troughs and other stuff lingering around the area, all it needs is some sun fuel to get going again.

• Like 1

More showers some possibly heavy again possible today into tonight. We have picked up 3.07" of rain in East Nantmeal over the past 3 days. Some spots in Eastern Chester County look to have received 3" to 5" of rain just yesterday. Sun returns at times tomorrow and cooler before more rain looks to arrive over the weekend.
Records for today: 98 (1963) / Low 48 (1970)/ Rain 2.55" (1943)
image.png.92c5a794552f6d61291485c059238c89.png

30 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Guidance has one fast moving round should be nothing like yesterday.

Not many are...had 4-5hrs of just about continuous lightning/thunder and rounds of downpours.Winter equivalent would be 1'+ snowfall...pretty rare.

Sun popping in/out...77F/DP 71F

5 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Whoa. It's actually raining right over my house for a change! Waiting to see if this line will merge or part around us as per usual.

FQvDrp9.png

I saw that line and was wondering if you were in the path!

It's 77 here with dp a juicy 73 and am wondering if that will hold together as it moves east.  Haven't had any sun bust out here although it looks like it wants to even if stuck behind the thick clouds.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I saw that line and was wondering if you were in the path!

It's 77 here with dp a juicy 73 and am wondering if that will hold together as it moves east.  Haven't had any sun bust out here although it looks like it wants to even if stuck behind the thick clouds.

Got a whole .18" out of that. There's stuff still forming though, so I'm holding out hope. It looks like the radar's filled in pretty well over our region overall.