Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like you should be having some incoming though...

Going to be close call, looks like it’s gonna slide a mile or two to my west currently unless that line extends a little bit further. I’m on the far east side of Levittown, as far east as it gets.. literally across the canal is technically Morrisville.

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Going to be close call, looks like it’s gonna slide a mile or two to my west currently unless that line extends a little bit further. I’m on the far east side of Levittown, as far east as it gets.. literally across the canal is technically Morrisville.

The line seems to have consolidated a bit and is moving east so if it doesn't dissolve away, you might get some of that.

kdix_20230627_0034_BR_0.5.png

2 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Looks like the red stuff is going to miss us. Again. Dangit. Maybe tomorrow? Seems pretty insane to need to run my garden irrigation with all of these storms swirling about, but there you have it.

Is your barrel full or you need storms to fill it completely?

71F/DP 69F

6-26-2023 9-05-00 PM.jpg

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Is your barrel full or you need storms to fill it completely?

71F/DP 69F

6-26-2023 9-05-00 PM.jpg

Well, see, I went and did a dumb. I installed ANOTHER barrel last weekend. So I have no one to blame but myself. First barrel did fill up with only 1/2" of rain though, and I expect the second will as well. Actually, it probably already has some in it from this morning, I completely forgot to check!

2 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Well, see, I went and did a dumb. I installed ANOTHER barrel last weekend. So I have no one to blame but myself. First barrel did fill up with only 1/2" of rain though, and I expect the second will as well. Actually, it probably already has some in it from this morning, I completely forgot to check!

Wow. When I first read this I though you meant 1/2 barrel of rain then I reread and you meant only 1/2" in the barrel. That's not normal for most summers, bad luck this year so far. A nice TStorm would fill that up pretty quick.

Maybe some of this stuff will come up and get you....  

maybe.jpg

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Wow. When I first read this I though you meant 1/2 barrel of rain then I reread and you meant only 1/2" in the barrel. That's not normal for most summers, bad luck this year so far. A nice TStorm would fill that up pretty quick.

Maybe some of this stuff will come up and get you....  

maybe.jpg

No no, you were right. We got close to half an inch precip a couple of weeks ago, and that completely filled the barrel. I probably could have worded that better though. I live in an L-shaped split-level, so lots of roof area drains into my east corner, in the back of the house. The new one should get a lot of the runoff from the western side of the house, out in front.

4 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

And again, I find myself in the middle of a split system. Unbelievable. (I'm just west of the "S" in South Temple.) It's all parting around us. There has to be something about our local geography that causes this to happen so very, very often, I just can't figure out what.

8JX2C9A.png

Yet Leesport to Kutztown where all that corn grows always seems to do well

9 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

No no, you were right. We got close to half an inch precip a couple of weeks ago, and that completely filled the barrel. I probably could have worded that better though. I live in an L-shaped split-level, so lots of roof area drains into my east corner, in the back of the house. The new one should get a lot of the runoff from the western side of the house, out in front.

Gotcha...that sounds better.

You know what though? This is a pretty neat even to track as that low stalls out over the Great Lakes. At least some weather in the region is better than no weather in the region. So while I may be personally offended that it all seems to keep missing me, at least it's entertaining.