Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

47 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Merck isn't the only pharmaceutical Company around here, Colorcon is right down the road and I think there's another. Surprised I haven't met someone with 3 eyes and 1 ear... 

We’re down wind from Limerick, so I’m used to the 3-eyed fish in my creek.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Nevermind. A custom search for "derecho" in June 2012 yielded no results.

When I was looking for the actual number of miles that defined one, I had found the article about what you are talking about - https://wchstv.com/news/local/thursday-marks-11th-anniversary-of-2012-derecho

ETA - NWS write up on it - https://www.weather.gov/lwx/20120629svrwx

conus-reflectivity-loop.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

When I was looking for the actual number of miles that defined one, I had found the article about what you are talking about - https://wchstv.com/news/local/thursday-marks-11th-anniversary-of-2012-derecho

ETA - NWS write up on it - https://www.weather.gov/lwx/20120629svrwx

conus-reflectivity-loop.gif

This bit from the writeup got me:

image.thumb.png.1b73fc99a4abf236a2248bef7c20d7ca.png

That was me. I was camping down in slower Delaware that night. It was really wild at the time, but I didn't know anything about it really until I got home the next day.

Just now, CoolHandMike said:

This bit from the writeup got me:

image.thumb.png.1b73fc99a4abf236a2248bef7c20d7ca.png

That was me. I was camping down in slower Delaware that night. It was really wild at the time, but I didn't know anything about it really until I got home the next day.

There is some discussion of it back in 2012 before it got near here, right in this forum , starting around here -

3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

I used to work in Horsham, I got to enjoy the airbase runoff. :pepsi:

Buddy was stationed on the base. They (Base) had their own bar ($4 pitchers), liquor store (Opened Sundays (before PA allowed it), cheap...he would take us on as guest. Then the Air shows..it was great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Drank the base punch right out of the ground for 30 years and from the township tap for another 10. Where can I find a cheap cemetery plot?

Not super cheap but St. John Neumann Cemetary up there/close/County Line/Chalfont...I have many family members buried there. If unfamiliar, this may ring a bell(s), not too far up the road from the old Neshaminy Inn...big fan!

https://www.phillyburbs.com/story/news/2013/07/14/warrington-landmark-comes-down/17256191007/

AQI: 174

NI.jpg

Through yesterday this is now the coldest June in Chester County since way back in 1974. More impressive is not counting today (which should be a rare above average day) this is the 7th coldest June in 130 years of local weather records! We should finish out the month with some hazy sun (thanks Canada) and temps in the low 80's today. A little cooler tomorrow to start out July and then rain chances increase by Saturday night.
Records for today: High 98 (1959) / Low 47 (1919) / Rain 2.29" (1921)
image.png.7c5d239c6668b8fda7e2e854ecaa512d.png

21 hours ago, Mikeymac5306 said:

Ever drink the water in West Chester? 

When I was living in Linfield (Next to Limerick) in the 90s w/a buddy we never drank the water. Washing the dishes/sink/drinking turned everything blue??? (Smurf-like)

Got one of these....4-5gal delivered once/mth.

84F/DP 66F....w/sun through haze/smoke. Overall a pretty shitty muggy day...

save.jpg

• Like 1

We ended June 2023 as the 9th coldest and 12th wettest month of June across over 130 years of Chester County PA records. The coldest June was the 65.2 back in 1907 - we ended this month at 66.1. Our wettest June was the 12.18" that fell in 1938 - we ended this month at 7.49" of rain. Clouds will be on the increase late today with showers chances ramping up by Sunday morning/ Showers some possibly heavy look likely tomorrow into Monday with Sun returning by Independence day.
Records for today High 103 (1901) / Low 43 (1952) / Rain 2.39" (1984)
image.png.9a632b6a89db852114e8a73b12ff4ed3.png