• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
When will (did) you install/ turn on the AC this year?

Cold Miser

2023 AC Install Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. When do you plan on installing/ turning on AC this year (or have you already done it)?

• March
    • nApril - 1st half
    • nApril - 2nd half
    • May - 1st half
    • May - 2nd half
    • June
    • July
    • Never because I don't use a.c.
    • Never because I have central a.c.
    • I hold off as long as possible, sweating all night long because I am too cheap to turn it on.
    • Other (describe in comments)

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What temp to folks set their AC to At night 

the holdouts I imagine set it to 74 or turn it off and the earlier installers probably 68-70?

i do 72 by day , 68 by nite 

I hate the AC blowing on me so it’s in the spare bedroom and we let the cooler air spill across the hall. So to get our bedroom down to 74 I need to set the AC in the spare to around 70. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being invited with the girlfriends family on summer vacation , I only care that I have a Bed and AC (as it’s Very generous of them and most everything is paid for) . Last year we had central air which I mistakenly thought would be great , until we shared the second floor with her parents and her mom was like dentrite and easily caught a “chill” so I slept in basement that year which was cool . This year the Vaca home is older and There are individual Window units all through out the house , perfect . I set the BR to 68 and leave it , so easy for me to get to sleep . Gf is in 3 blankets and me I’m in one sheet but thankfully She knows she can just add layers . I’m not sure if the dew point has gone below 70 here in a week 

32 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Being invited with the girlfriends family on summer vacation , I only care that I have a Bed and AC (as it’s Very generous of them and most everything is paid for) . Last year we had central air which I mistakenly thought would be great , until we shared the second floor with her parents and her mom was like dentrite and easily caught a “chill” so I slept in basement that year which was cool . This year the Vaca home is older and There are individual Window units all through out the house , perfect . I set the BR to 68 and leave it , so easy for me to get to sleep . Gf is in 3 blankets and me I’m in one sheet but thankfully She knows she can just add layers . I’m not sure if the dew point has gone below 70 here in a week 

ACK? Beach has been awesome with a constant breeze, cool water temps. Tons of driftwood came in the other day, saw one about 50 feet long. 

• Like 1

Biked to surfside today for a few, high tide was solid shorebreak. Listening to the random Tourists as I laid on beach towel . “Wow these waves are crazy “, “haven’t seen waves like this before “. It was probably a 3-4 foot shore break lol

right at the shore it was occasional fog w sun breaking thru at times and mid to upper 70’s . Go a couple hundred feet from shore on sand and it was low 80’s sun and breezy .

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 8:58 AM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What temp to folks set their AC to At night 

the holdouts I imagine set it to 74 or turn it off and the earlier installers probably 68-70?

i do 72 by day , 68 by nite 

The energy star guidelines that came out this summer say that you should have it at 78 during the day, 82 at night, and 85 when you are away. I guess they want us to uninstall and never reinstall. https://www.tomsguide.com/news/thermostat-recommended-temperature I'm also 72 during the day and 68 at night. 

6 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

The energy star guidelines that came out this summer say that you should have it at 78 during the day, 82 at night, and 85 when you are away. I guess they want us to uninstall and never reinstall. https://www.tomsguide.com/news/thermostat-recommended-temperature I'm also 72 during the day and 68 at night. 

yeah, no. I use AC to be cool not hot. Those guidelines are frickin stupid

On 7/30/2023 at 11:55 AM, JustinRP37 said:

Do they smoke crack , are they climate crazy, what is the motivation for such idiotic “guidelines” if not politics . I suppose if you live in Vegas and the AC can’t keep up , otherwise it’s like ok ya sounds great for New England when it’s 88 and humid . 

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Do they smoke crack , are they climate crazy, what is the motivation for such idiotic “guidelines” if not politics . I suppose if you live in Vegas and the AC can’t keep up , otherwise it’s like ok ya sounds great for New England when it’s 88 and humid . 

Right? Even on our warmest days if you slept with ac in 82 the dew point in your house would be almost 82 haha. I’d just die over night from drowning in my own sweat. 

16 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

82 at night? :lol:  keep that up and they’ll be pulling bodies out of houses.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...