• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was caught off guard by the lightning - multiple close cloud to ground strikes. 

I was in Columbia heading to Conestoga and the hail was significant - I was driving so no good measurements but the car was getting torpedoed. Best hail display I've seen in some time. 

"T'ed up in Columbia"   The frozen reports are flying in fast and furious today. 

On 4/5/2023 at 9:36 AM, TimB said:

Was thinking about this yesterday. It only takes about a +6 departure to set an all time hottest April, right? I’m about ready to lock that one in with what’s coming later next week, unless we get an actual below normal stretch later in the month.

Only fly in the ointment here is that in these dry stretches, overnight lows might cool off pretty well.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:34 AM, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Correct, 6.5 degrees AN would tie the 2017 record.  We are currently running 5.5 AN with some warm days on tap but then some normal to below normal-ish type days before the warmup.  I'm banking on that SER really setting up shop for a prolonged period, but we shall see.  I had the same thought about the clear skies creating some cool nights to mitigate things.  But if I were a betting man, I think right now I'd throw some shekels on the over, dangerous as that may be this early in the game.  

Ouch.

We have picked up 0.67" of rain since late yesterday afternoon. We are still running over an inch below normal for April and almost 5" below for the year. We have a good chance at many spots across the area seeing at least an inch of rain by the end of the upcoming weekend. Temperatures for the next 10 days look to remain well below normal for late April and early May.
Records for today: High 94 (1915) / Low 26 (1926) / Rain 1.92" (1913)
image.png.7700c1d9e9ff9980765e1694a18830aa.png

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

.32" of rain fell yesterday afternoon and overnight in Maytown.

.76" fell in Conestoga. 

Only a T here for rain.   May rain a decent amount every day for a while starting Friday (more than a T.)   The Nam and GFS are true soakers Sat night and all day Sunday and have rain chances into next week as the ULL pivots over. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Only a T here for rain.   May rain a decent amount every day for a while starting Friday.   The Nam and GFS are true soakers Sat night and all day Sunday. 

Sorry that you and others didn't receive more rain yesterday. 

The GFS and NAM that you describe seem to go directly against what CTP is thinking - they have me at Partly Sunny and warm on Sunday with a chance of showers after 3pm. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sorry that you and others didn't receive more rain yesterday. 

The GFS and NAM that you describe seem to go directly against what CTP is thinking - they have me at Partly Sunny and warm on Sunday with a chance of showers after 3pm. 

I do not see any model that has it warm on Sunday but maybe they are forecasting beyond the modelogy I am doing right now.  Ha. The Euro is a Sunday rain out as well.  I had not checked that.  Mid 50's for highs. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I do not see any model that has it warm on Sunday but maybe they are forecasting beyond the modelogy I am doing right now.  Ha. The Euro is a rain out as well.  I had not checked that.  Mid 50's for highs. 

MU is in the "rain camp" for the daytime hours Sunday with highs in the mid 60s. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU is in the "rain camp" for the daytime hours Sunday with highs in the mid 60s. 

One thing I will stake an opinion on...if it rains all day Sunday (or at least a lot of a rain and a full day thick cloud deck) I would tend more thinking temps stay in the 50's for a lot of us.