• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Fake summer earlier this month makes it worse IMO. 

A lot of people in the office are complaining and thought that this type of weather was done. It's amazing how many people think that it's a steady rise from winter to summer and that we don't go through the ups and downs of transitional periods. 

• Like 4

A lot of people in the office are complaining and thought that this type of weather was done. It's amazing how many people think that it's a steady rise from winter to summer and that we don't go through the ups and downs of transitional periods. 

The general public’s understanding of natural cycles is really bad. Too many people that are completely out of tune with the planet and spend most of their time inside.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Pivot- another thing about the Zones...some say rain mainly after 3PM tomorrow.  Some meso's have the initial WAA push done by that time...starting near AM rush hour or earlier. 

image.png.f6795022119bcd9dfd486c8f12ccfe23.png

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A pleasantly surprising .7" of total rainfall here, to go along with some marble-seized hail.  A nice precursor to the wet'n'wild weekend ahead. 

Wow, did you ever smoke me! More than doubled in fact. 

I had a very long day at the office (15 hours) and didn't leave for home until after 11pm last night. It rained nearly nonstop from 3pm until sometime after I had left...it was still a moderate rainfall when I left for home. By the time I got to Columbia the roads were dry. Pulled in my driveway and the sky was mostly clear. (but it did rain again overnight) 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I had a very long day at the office (15 hours) and didn't leave for home until after 11pm last night. It rained nearly nonstop from 3pm until sometime after I had left...it was still a moderate rainfall when I left for home. By the time I got to Columbia the roads were dry. Pulled in my driveway and the sky was mostly clear. (but it did rain again overnight) 

That is....too much work, sorry Mike, 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Pivot- another thing about the Zones...some say rain mainly after 3PM tomorrow.  Some meso's have the initial WAA push done by that time...starting near AM rush hour or earlier. 

image.png.f6795022119bcd9dfd486c8f12ccfe23.png

Everything that I'm hearing is that the rain won't arrive east of the river until the afternoon hours. We'll find out soon! 

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A rare feat ha.  Yeah, most of the heavy action seemed to stay more along the Route 23 corridor and points just south.

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'll go with 11:07:32 in Maytown. 

Don't forget the "Ante Meridiem - Eastern Daylight Time"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Only a T here for rain.   May rain a decent amount every day for a while starting Friday (more than a T.)   The Nam and GFS are true soakers Sat night and all day Sunday and have rain chances into next week as the ULL pivots over. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sorry that you and others didn't receive more rain yesterday. 

The GFS and NAM that you describe seem to go directly against what CTP is thinking - they have me at Partly Sunny and warm on Sunday with a chance of showers after 3pm. 

CTP's updated forecast includes a major change for Sunday. This morning's forecast was Partly Sunny with showers after 3pm and a high of 72.

Latest forecast is Rain. High of 63. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We went on a 1.5 hour walk from 5-630 along the river lol - was partly sunny! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, canderson said:

We went on a 1.5 hour walk from 5-630 along the river lol - was partly sunny! 

Yeah round after round of rain just get moving west to east over the southern half of Adams, York and Lancaster counties. More or less the Rt. 30 corridor was the line between dry with some breaks in the clouds and a chilly rain. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU's thoughts for the weekend:

Despite recent showers and #thunderstorms, northern MD and much of southeastern PA are still being plagued by moderate drought conditions. However, a widespread 2-3" of rain from tomorrow through Sunday evening will put an abrupt end to the drought!

image.thumb.png.ff0e550eaf4063f235ca367757608891.png

• Thanks 1