• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

Friday
Rain likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 55. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. 
Friday Night
Rain. Low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. 
Saturday
Drizzle or light rain before 2pm, then showers likely after 2pm. High near 58. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Saturday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
Showers, mainly after 8am. High near 65. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday Night
Showers, mainly before 2am. Low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:
Friday
Rain likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 55. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. 
Friday Night
Rain. Low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. 
Saturday
Drizzle or light rain before 2pm, then showers likely after 2pm. High near 58. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Saturday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
Showers, mainly after 8am. High near 65. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday Night
Showers, mainly before 2am. Low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

This should put a dent in the rain deficit.

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i'm certainly not an expert, but Saturday doesn't look like much rain. Sunday appears to be the soaker. or am off base here?

Not a fun forecast period coming up re: look at the CMC.  Sunday is dry for most of PA but Monday is a soaker.   Some 3-4" totals for the western parts of our forum on the GFS but the Euro is much dryer with half that in those areas.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not a fun forecast period coming up re: look at the CMC.  Sunday is dry for most of PA but Monday is a soaker.   Some 3-4" totals for the western parts of our forum on the GFS but the Euro is much dryer with half that in those areas.  

I'm ok with a Sunday/Monday soaker either way. Saturday was my concern as i have an event i thought was toast. But may be ok

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Chin up, Sun!  With that Nugget of info, you will sure not be Clipped by Canderson while he is passing you.   A mild 44 here this Am. 

You're too Young to be following like a Hawk! 

2 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Got down to 37.8°F at the home front before the clouds rolled in.

Last night was our night - we had perfectly clear skies and calm winds during the evening hours and my temp was dropping like a rock. It was 61 at 6pm, 39 by 11pm. Much colder than the previous 2 nights. Shortly after midnight the clouds moved in and that was that. Only dropped to 38 here. 

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

45 and rain. so much for #5 mow today

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Pouring rain with hail or graupel. 

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

.16 of rain this morning in Marysville.

The sun is trying to come out now.

Wait - it rained overnight or this morning? 

I really do live in the precip anus of PA...nothing even close to precip in Maytown. :(  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You're too Young to be following like a Hawk! 

Last night was our night - we had perfectly clear skies and calm winds during the evening hours and my temp was dropping like a rock. It was 61 at 6pm, 39 by 11pm. Much colder than the previous 2 nights. Shortly after midnight the clouds moved in and that was that. Only dropped to 38 here. 

Wait - it rained overnight or this morning? 

I really do live in the precip anus of PA...nothing even close to precip in Maytown. :(  

DUMPED

According to MU, we might have envelopes falling from the skies later today!

A few showers are currently impacting southeastern PA & northern MD, but they’ll become more widespread this afternoon & evening after a brief lull late this morning. As the atmosphere becomes more unstable, some rumbles of thunder & small mail may accompany the heaviest showers.

• Haha 5

Just now, sauss06 said:

i should clarify. it definitely rained overnight as everything was wet this morning. But around 6 am it pounded for about 10-15 minutes  

Rain wasn't even on my radar ( :) ) this morning...I just looked back at the loop from earlier this morning and it took a LOT of skill to miss out on the fun...there was the tiniest gap in a line that came through earlier and that tiny gap found my casa. I'm offsite today and just checked in with a couple of people in the office...they were like "duh, it rained." Made me feel even worse. LOL

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

According to MU, we might have envelopes falling from the skies later today!

A few showers are currently impacting southeastern PA & northern MD, but they’ll become more widespread this afternoon & evening after a brief lull late this morning. As the atmosphere becomes more unstable, some rumbles of thunder & small mail may accompany the heaviest showers.

It will still end up at the wrong address. In other news, Canderson is the guest MET at MU today! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Does anyone know the NWS climate site where you can use query's to find, for example, the top 3 day rain/snow events, or like if there have been 3 consecutive June days with a high temperature below a certain threshold?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Here is a NOAA site with GUI query capability

https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/

14 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

now you're just showing off :lol: we just had a good ole fashion rain

I was caught off guard by the lightning - multiple close cloud to ground strikes. 

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

There are multiple mPing reports right by my house for 1/4 to 1/2” hail. Will have to ask the wifey. 

I was in Columbia heading to Conestoga and the hail was significant - I was driving so no good measurements but the car was getting torpedoed. Best hail display I've seen in some time. 

• Like 1