Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

55 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I'd be fairly scared if I was them about going big at all with snow right now near the coast but I'd probably at least cover with 1-2 inches possibly for now

my place in the Poconos is the most southwesterly location under a winter storm warning now for 8-12 inches of snow, so the forecast for there has actually seen an increase in snowfall predictions.....and that is just south of I-80 !

• Like 1

I've decided to do the reasonable thing here; that is, the thing one would do, hopefully, in most situations; see what the experts who do something, in this case weather forecasting, for a living, have to say. Well, they say rain for all but a few slushy inches NW of the city, but that it will be a messy storm and a headache, but they don't seem to be worried about snow. I come here for contrary opinions hoping they might be right, and sometimes, like the Boxing Day storm, they are. But overall,  it seems the die is cast here. Still a little uncertainty and I have nothing going on this week, so we'll see. Be safe out there.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 3

9 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Double low with one just off NJ means the inverted trough is ruining our airmass here even more and we waste most of the storm with rain while the main low and dynamics take forever to get going. No that's not what we want. 

does sound like March 2001, lots of wasted rain at the beginning there too

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

I've decided to do the reasonable thing here; that is, the thing one would do, hopefully, in most situations; see what the experts who do something, in this case weather forecasting, for a living, have to say. Well, they say rain for all but a few slushy inches NW of the city, but that it will be a messy storm and a headache, but they don't seem to be worried about snow. I come here for contrary opinions hoping they might be right, and sometimes, like the Boxing Day storm, they are. But overall,  it seems the die is cast here. Still a little uncertainty and I have nothing going on this week, so we'll see. Be safe out there.

I think this is spot on. as much as I am hoping Rockland county sees, let's say 8+ (and yes, that chance is in play), in reality, it's very high % going to be exactly as you just stated

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snowman19 said:

It’s actually a revolutionary idea called “changing my mind”. After the Euro’s wretched performance this winter, I’d say it’s equally as horrible. You change with the times my man. Things change…. Happy Daylight Savings Time emoji2.png

could be different patterns play to the strengths and weaknesses of different models

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

EPS members and NBM data. Note: the NBM takes into consideration ratios. The EPS members are based on 10:1 ratios. Most areas will see ratios of 5:1 to 7:1.

image.thumb.png.f990e68db9dde73469ee2a7a4f6c7ebd.png

the 4" line continues to get higher, however like you stated this wont be a 10:1 storm for us and the NBM still has a mean around 1.9"  So a 1-2 inch forecast for NYC and the coast would be the right one right now.