• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10-11 light snow threat for SW New England.

Sey-Mour Snow

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…exactly my point the whole time with this.  Euro now has .50” of precip here. Should I believe it…cuz everybody keeps telling me it’s the best model hands down? Lmfao… 

so with that being said, laughing at the euro but the GFS swings from nearly nothing 0.03 to 0.18 to 0.51 qpf for each run since 12Z. Even worse swings than the euro..thats what i mean by theres really no bar out there. 

trend-gfs-2023030900-f060.qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.gif.cafccffd72d9edab22a776ca7afc61e9.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

so with that being said, laughing at the euro but the GFS swings from nearly nothing 0.03 to 0.18 to 0.51 qpf for each run since 12Z. Even worse swings than the euro..thats what i mean by theres really no bar out there. 

trend-gfs-2023030900-f060.qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.gif.cafccffd72d9edab22a776ca7afc61e9.gif

Yup…they all aren’t to great lately. 

1 inch qpf in NYC..wow. 

• Like 2

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Maybe but with it starting out as rain and turning to white rain with temps around 40 the city would be lucky to see a slushy inch with that look

Man you had to crush Ant’s moment didn’t you….don’t expect any breaks when driving in the city now. 

Rates Though and wet bulbing could help down there….? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Man you had to crush Ant’s moment didn’t you….don’t expect any breaks when driving in the city now. 

In the city I doubt it unless it comes down heavy for a couple/few hours. Long Island away from the shore and heat island could benefit as well as NJ. And obviously S CT.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

A lot of that qpf at the start looks like mostly rain and when it does transfer over its still gonna be pretty warm in the city itself, i doubt they get lower than mid 30s, unless it comes down really hard for a while

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

i expect nothing but a free pass when im doing 90 in a 45 and free EZ passes over the Tappan Zee

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Maybe but with it starting out as rain and turning to white rain with temps around 40 the city would be lucky to see a slushy inch with that look

This is a HV special. More specifically 30-40 or more miles north. NYC needs 0.6 inches to avoid their worst snowfall season ever. I doubt this does it. Brooklyn where MJO is will probably see 0. 

9 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

This is a HV special. More specifically 30-40 or more miles north. NYC needs 0.6 inches to avoid their worst snowfall season ever. I doubt this does it. Brooklyn where MJO is will probably see 0. 

Probably, at this point it's certainly possibly this could occur. They need 0.5" right now to tie the record which from what i understand replaces the previous record, but yeah 0.6 to actually break it. 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m glad we stayed the course on this 

Yesterday you said 1-3, so it seems you've gone up. The trends the past few runs are definitely positive for CT so i would lean a bit higher but probably not more than C-2 for upwards in NE CT. The hills of NNH and NFF seem the best spot right now for possible advisory snows probably 2-3 there, the coast and valleys are still going to have a hard time accumulating. We'll see what todays runs do, as this could very easily reverse the trend.