• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

What do you mean by QPF anomaly?

QPF means Quantitative Precipitation Forecast ...

So, for in the case of that chart, probably there's heavy rain and/or snow associated with that look

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

QPF means Quantitative Precipitation Forecast ...

So, for in the case of that chart, probably there's heavy rain and/or snow associated with that look

I understood what QPF meant... i was curious about whether you meant anomalous for the type of look (less than one would expect due to thermal prof.), or anomalous in general (compared to climo instantaneous norms). More specifically, my question was about the apparent descrepancy between favorable upper-level charts and unfavorable low-level ones

still...that 03/03 EPS mean for the (likely...) failed outlook for Saturday, is not hugely different circumstantially to what this present EPS mean looks like at 180 hours...

I get why others are nearing patience with this ... but, the period of interesting is still the 10th through the ides - so in the objective sense. ...

tough shit.

it either will or will not take advantage in that time range - and all the antecedent consternation and personal d-drip withdrawal angst in the world is not logic or rationale for claiming it won't.  Sorry. It just ain't

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

I understood what QPF meant... i was curious about whether you meant anomalous for the type of look (less than one would expect due to thermal prof.), or anomalous in general (compared to climo instantaneous norms). More specifically, my question was about the apparent descrepancy between favorable upper-level charts and unfavorable low-level ones

Yeah ... relative to climate. I mean there is a standard "storm in march" metric...  It's probably better to think of it as a PWAT anomaly, now that I think about it

• Thanks 1