• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

28 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I think I hear a lawn mower running in the distance....

Many landscapers/neighbors are out in full force mowing/trimming. Then again you have a couple clueless ones where their lawn is somewhat high already and by Monday w/the weekend rain the lawn will be a out of control train wreck.

Mowing done. Just trimming/weed wack/blower and be done by 11-11:30am in the nick of time.  

52F/Breezy/Birds chirping away

done.jpg

• Like 1

This storm wants to fringe me so hard. At least it's been a nice, quiet, rainy day, and I found some time to bake a couple of batches of bread! Hearing pretty much non-stop sirens for the past few hours, it seems like everyone completely forgot how to drive in the wet again. Reminds me a lot of SoCal when the rainy season starts up in the fall, actually.

Anyway, .37" is hardly going to put a dent in our overall dry conditions up here, but at least it's not a complete deluge that just runs right off into the river. This will soak in a little bit. Forecast calls for rain pretty much through to tomorrow afternoon, so we shall see.

Nuf6i5r.png

• Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

This storm wants to fringe me so hard. At least it's been a nice, quiet, rainy day, and I found some time to bake a couple of batches of bread! Hearing pretty much non-stop sirens for the past few hours, it seems like everyone completely forgot how to drive in the wet again. Reminds me a lot of SoCal when the rainy season starts up in the fall, actually.

Anyway, .37" is hardly going to put a dent in our overall dry conditions up here, but at least it's not a complete deluge that just runs right off into the river. This will soak in a little bit. Forecast calls for rain pretty much through to tomorrow afternoon, so we shall see.

Nuf6i5r.png

Same hear.

Berks has had several fire alerts in the past 1-2 hours.

https://www.facebook.com/BerksAlerts/

1 hour ago, CoolHandMike said:

Nuf6i5r.png

Heavier stuff moving in...

heavy.jpg

20 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

0.75" here so far, getting some pretty good gusts of wind once in a while. 49F.

I  think I'll be at or above a 1" by midnight and radar still looks healthy. Then tomorrow and Rd 2 Sunday. I think 2-3"+ is a lock for many by Monday morning.

Where's "drought guy?" He seems to disappear when it rains....

47F/rain 

healthy.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I  think I'll be at or above a 1" by midnight and radar still looks healthy. Then tomorrow and Rd 2 Sunday. I think 2-3"+ is a lock for many by Monday morning.

Where's "drought guy?" He seems to disappear when it rains....

47F/rain 

healthy.jpg

I am here. I watch this page daily. Nothing to comment on as it has been pretty stagnant weather so far.  I want to see some convective production with temps in the low 80's. Yes, this weekends rain will put in a moderate dent in our rainfall deficit but the base stream flows are down big time because of the lack of snow cover this past winter.  We need weeks of this type of moderate rain to put a significant dent in the drought. The trees, grass and gardens are drinking big time right now as they green up but the groundwater levels are still falling.

• Weenie 1

Just now, Albedoman said:

I am here. I watch this page daily. Nothing to comment on as it has been pretty stagnant weather so far.  I want to see some convective production with temps in the low 80's. Yes, this weekends rain will put in a moderate dent in our rainfall deficit but the base stream flows are down big time because of the lack of snow cover this past winter.  We need weeks of this type of moderate rain to put a significant dent in the drought. The trees, grass and gardens are drinking big time right now as they green up but the groundwater levels are still falling.

It's good it's a steady mod long duration rain. Let it soak in...

4 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

That's kinda what I said earlier, 100% agree. This is a nice respite, but we need more. Hopefully Sunday's event pans out in similar fashion.

• Weenie 1