• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

Some lower spots dipped into the 30's this morning. That could well be the last temp that low till October. It looks like we have 2 more below normal temperature days today and tomorrow before we warm to normal Sunday and above normal on Monday.
Records for today: High 90 (1919) / Low 28 (1926) / Rain 1.49" (2019)
image.png.67067b7958abd327aa164368e227a525.png

My high yesterday ended up being 61 and I bottomed out at 43 this morning. The day started out sunny but the threatening clouds did roll in as the popcorn got started but haven't been under any pop ups today so far.

In any case, I topped out at 65 and am currently mostly cloudy, with peaks of sun, and 57 with dp 50.

Today will be our 13th but last below normal day in a row. However, we will be close to our normal high temperature of 67 degrees. Both Sunday and Monday look to be slightly above normal temps but with some shower chances returning by Monday night. We should see temps cool to below normal again by mid-week.
Records for today: High 91 (1934)/ Low 30 (1968) / Rain 1.57" (1989)
image.png.9055f1296858009551826000d6a64cfd.png

4 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

It's been a beauty! Split some wood today, and testing the results this evening with a kettle fire. Gotta test it, right?

Sure.

I burned several times. Neighbor works in construction and brings home all sorts of wood/scrap wood all the time...endless supply. Splitting is fun as well. Get in a little workout then veg by the fire.

Damn, already down to 49F...

49F.jpg

• Like 2

Today starts out sunny but with clouds on the increase we could see some showers by late this evening. Warmer today with our first day over 70 degrees since back on April 22nd.
We slip back below normal temps for mid-week but then warm well into the 70's by next weekend.
Records for today: High 93 (1930) / Low 28 (1974) / Rain 2.74" (1908)
image.png.6e1d0c28237cb4e3453182243f5b1550.png

10 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Sure.

I burned several times. Neighbor works in construction and brings home all sorts of wood/scrap wood all the time...endless supply. Splitting is fun as well. Get in a little workout then veg by the fire.

Damn, already down to 49F...

49F.jpg

Bottomed out here at 50 just after 6 am (not long after sunrise).

"Chamber of Commerce" day yesterday and so far today with mostly blue skies and few clouds.  Have been sweeping the patio so I can put out a small replacement outdoor rug, and doing some other clean up and pruning.

Currently 72 and mostly sunny with dp 51.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Bottomed out here at 50 just after 6 am (not long after sunrise).

"Chamber of Commerce" day yesterday and so far today with mostly blue skies and few clouds.  Have been sweeping the patio so I can put out a small replacement outdoor rug, and doing some other clean up and pruning.

Currently 72 and mostly sunny with dp 51.

76F/DP 53F...sun barely existent through high clouds.

Looks like some late afternoon/early evening plain showers will roll trough. Really haven't had any cow flying T-Storms this Spring....

5-7-2023 2-10-17 PM.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

76F/DP 53F...sun barely existent through high clouds.

Looks like some late afternoon/early evening plain showers will roll trough. Really haven't had any cow flying T-Storms this Spring....

5-7-2023 2-10-17 PM.jpg

When will we see crackin t -storms again? Its been so long it seems like years. These piddly rain showers with embedded heavier rain is pathetic. I want all of the tree pollen bags off the trees and not dangling  in the limbs just to pour out in a slight breeze. 

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

When will we see crackin t -storms again? Its been so long it seems like years. These piddly rain showers with embedded heavier rain is pathetic. I want all of the tree pollen bags off the trees and not dangling  in the limbs just to pour out in a slight breeze. 

We need more heat, high DPs, instability and/or a cold front moving through.

That being said, I'll take this current weather pattern. (Days 50/60/70s...Night 50s/40s...low DPs)

Pollen will suck either way...

ls.jpg

Today should be a nice day with low humidity and temps in the low to mid 70's. A chance of a couple showers tomorrow and much cooler with temps staying in the 50's with a NE wind off the still chilly ocean waters. We start to warm up again by the end of the week with temps in the upper 70's by Friday.
Records for today: High 91 (2000) / Low 30 (1974) / Rain 2.90" (1992)
image.png.f6896857f6a99c3f86969a19b0c018b1.png

Saw a couple of lightning bugs tonight! Pretty amazing, every year for the last 5 years (at least) there's been one or two showing up way early, hanging around for a couple of weeks, then they go away and a few days later (the last week of May) the main show starts up. Not sure how that works, but it's been consistent. 61F currently.

A little cooler with clouds and maybe a light shower especially over southern Chester County today. Sun returns tomorrow through Friday and we warm from near 70 degrees tomorrow to near 80 on Friday. Some showers are possible over the weekend and temps near normal near 70 degrees.
Records for today: High 93 (1896) / Low 25 (1947) / Rain 1.34" (1923)
image.png.0947df4402088fec32fd6e91a078a877.png