• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

We picked up another 0.16" of rain overnight bringing the 2 day total to 1.35" of rain. Since Wednesday we have recorded 2.02" of much needed rain. Today will be cloudy but dry. The next round of rain moves in late morning on Sunday and should last into early Monday morning. We could see another 1.25" to 2.00" of rain with this one and increasing winds again.
Some shower chances for most days this week with the exception of Thursday which looks mostly sunny. Below normal temps look to continue all week.
Records for today: High 88 (1974) / Low 28 (1922) / Rain 1.08" (1902)
image.png.302a481924b95d4d7bb61f77697d1b9d.png
  • Like 1

Back edge of round 1 is moving away and I picked a couple hundreds more inches for 0.96 today (so far) and 2.19" 2-day total.  Still overcast and misty, with an earlier low of 48 and current temp of 54 with dp 54.

SPC SWDY2 has the southern part of the CWA (Delmarva and Lower South Jersey) under a "Marginal Risk" for severe and the rest for poss. t-storms -

• Like 1

With the all-day drizzle, drips from that accumulated enough to tip the bucket a few more times for me to end up with a 0.99" total for Saturday, for a final of 2.22" the past 2 days.  Also topped out at 57 yesterday for a high.

I had noticed last night that the low stratus had started rolling in and this morning I have fog with vis. < 1/10th of a mile, a temp of 52 and dp 51.

SPC SWDY1 pushed the "Marginal Risk" line up a touch further north within the southern part of the CWA vs yesterday's SWDY2 outlook -

Mt. Holly tweeted out the precip tracking from yesterday's PNS with rainfall totals -

Light rain has actually started here this morning despite the expectation/hope it would be "dry" for the Broad St. run.

Currently have 0.11" in the bucket and it's 53 with dp 52.

• Like 1

More heavy rain and even some thunderstorms later. We have already picked up another 0.48" this morning bringing our last 5 day rain total to 2.52". Up to another 1" to 2" could fall across some areas by late tonight especially if any thunderstorms do develop.
Records for today: High 90 (1942) / Low 26 (1978) / Rain 5.77" (2014)
image.png.023bda73f8a8a1314da6dfd2291fc474.png
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

This is the rain we needed. More coming down as well. Finally getting a system to train over us instead of a dry slot! Here's our total for this weekend:

erQDomH.png

Was getting ready to say... I was wondering if you were under that fire hose that formed or were getting shafted on either side! :o

Just got clipped by some heavier rain during that pivot. 1.9" so far today, may wind up being close to the total since there's not much west or south of here at the moment. I imagine most of that inch or so we got in the last hour plus just ran off. The ground is pretty saturated - thats 5.4" going back to last Saturday, and 3.65" this weekend. Getting breezy at the moment.