• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

39 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I can validate the thunder hasn't quit since around 1pm to my north it's insane, yet .22" on the day

4 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

.04" on the day. Pretty depressing watching and hearing all these huge storms just roll on by the the east and west.

I have been in a hole here too - stuff to the north and west.  Have exactly 0.01" from when I had originally reported drizzle and nothing since.  I know sometimes in these "popcorn storm" situations, something can bubble up out of nowhere but if not, then I suppose I can look forward to Monday.

Currently changeable skies and 72 with dp 61.

5 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Need some validation! :P

macungie-04152023.PNG

I can validate this big time. My severe short term drought is over after today. I live in the Ancient Oaks area.  My rain gauge had 3.5 in of rain. I was at my sons house near Telford all day , - he received only .05 in. When I got home this evening, I was floored . Debris from the flooded street was in my driveway. Had a little water in the basement. That is hardest rain in four years here. I am just glad that we got rain. That was a million dollar plus rain for the farmers in western LV. Salisbury Township  and areas near my house had quarter size hail and flooded streets.  The pollen was knocked off the trees  and I can breathe again. 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Albedoman said:

I can validate this big time. My severe short term drought is over after today. I live in the Ancient Oaks area.  My rain gauge had 3.5 in of rain. I was at my sons house near Telford all day , - he received only .05 in. When I got home this evening, I was floored . Debris from the flooded street was in my driveway. Had a little water in the basement. That is hardest rain in four years here. I am just glad that we got rain. That was a million dollar plus rain for the farmers in western LV. Salisbury Township  and areas near my house had quarter size hail and flooded streets.  The pollen was knocked off the trees  and I can breathe again. 

You were the big winner by far. 6abc/Action news 11pm had a graphic of 3.45" in the Ancient Oaks area.

I'm still concerned about wildfires...

58F 

6 hours ago, Albedoman said:

The cell(s) just sat over that general area for hours.  :o  There was a flash flood in Ancient Oaks too...

Bur I had this vision of you doing this -

:lol:

Ended up with 77 as a high yesterday and 0.01" of rain.  It's currently 60, overcast and misty with low stratus and a dp of 59.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

You were the big winner by far. 6abc/Action news 11pm had a graphic of 3.45" in the Ancient Oaks area.

I'm still concerned about wildfires...

58F 

I had nosebleed tickets for that rain, listened to it for 4 hours and at times I could even see it like curtains in the sky, only a couple miles away unreal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

I had nosebleed tickets for that rain, listened to it for 4 hours and at times I could even see it like curtains in the sky, only a couple miles away unreal.

I could see the curtains of rain 50 miles away at least you were closer.  Total rain here in Media Delaware County 0.03.  As Kamu said better luck tonight!

Some folks in southern Chester County picked up close to an inch of rain with last evening's storms. Unfortunately most of the county received much less than that...here in East Nantmeal we received only 0.03". There is another chance of some showers or thunderstorms overnight tonight but unfortunately dry begets dry it would seem for most!
Back to near normal temps tomorrow and then well below normal highs on Tuesday with temp struggling to reach the mid-50's. Warmer again by weeks end.
Records for today: High 90 (1896)/ Low 20 (1926) / Rain 2.42" (1929) and Snow 2.0" from 2007.
image.png.937716d5424c84184ca64fe0d8f1732a.png

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

Be glad it was rain and not snow. I would've tossed and turned all night if it was the latter...

64F/DP 60F

• Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Be glad it was rain and not snow. I would've tossed and turned all night if it was the latter...

64F/DP 60F

My uncle who lives in a 'burb outside of St. Paul, MN emailed this morning that they broke a record last week of 85 and this morning, he has a couple inches of snow. lol 

Wiggum Rule on steroids. :lol:

Currently overcast here and 66 with dp 61.

10 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

My uncle who lives in a 'burb outside of St. Paul, MN emailed this morning that they broke a record last week of 85 and this morning, he has a couple inches of snow. lol 

Wiggum Rule on steroids. :lol:

Currently overcast here and 66 with dp 61.

Yeah, I heard about some crazy weather turnarounds on the news. That's pretty drastic.

Stuff from the Pitt radar slowly sliding East. Cool us down a bit (Tues Fall-ish) and hopefully rinse some pollen from the air. Allergies are a killer...

66F/DP 62F  

pitt.jpg

7 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I heard about some crazy weather turnarounds on the news. That's pretty drastic.

Stuff from the Pitt radar slowly sliding East. Cool us down a bit (Tues Fall-ish) and hopefully rinse some pollen from the air. Allergies are a killer...

66F/DP 62F  

pitt.jpg

He sent a follow-up email to report he had at least 6" of snow and I told him that it had to be that wet heavy stuff since the temps were marginal.

Got some moisture here starting after about 1 am and have registered 0.09" of it so that's more than Sunday's bust.

Currently overcast, misty, and 58 with dp 57.

We picked up 0.22" of much needed rain overnight here in East Nantmeal. Temperatures have continued to fall this morning since sunrise as a cold front passed through earlier this AM. Clouds will give way to sun this afternoon with temps at just about normal for mid April in the low to mid 60's. Below normal temps should remain through Wednesday with temps much of the time remaining in the 50's with near 60 by Wednesday. Much warmer to close out the week and with shower chances arriving by the weekend.
Records for today: High 95 (1896) / Low 20 (1928) / Rain 1.82" (1910)
image.png.2b6916974268ebe82fc682c54a24899d.png

CHICAGO – Monday night’s series opener between the White Sox and Phillies at Guaranteed Rate Field has been postponed due to a forecast of high winds and cold temperatures.

https://www.mlb.com/news/phillies-white-sox-april-17-2023-game-postponed

I don't even know why we bother w/seasons any longer....everything is back-assed.

64F/Breezy

• Weenie 1