• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week

Typhoon Tip

I'd rather Pit2 than the little mix of meh here 

• Detailed Forecast

Tonight
Snow, mainly after midnight. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 18. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow, mainly before noon. High near 23. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after 11pm. Low around 17. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 5:42 PM, tunafish said:

Anecdotally...and fwiw... I've been tracking GYX forecast amounts to actuals for PWM this year (and last) after (Chris, I think?) mentioned they have an over-forecast bias.

This year they've been remarkably accurate.  They are under-forecasting to the tune of 7.6", half of which came on the 12/16 event.  They have only over-forecast on the 1/25 event (by 2.3")

image.png.92c4ca0347e97080b1a6a9859607c9c7.png

This might be an industry standard, what hour is "go time"?