• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ukie came in milder for NE mass and SE NH  . You can see on the clown that it shaved back considerably there . Temps also look above freezing on unmet out thru 495 for “part 1”

I know it’s a typo but unmet may be the perfect moniker for this model current guidance notwithstanding.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If this had a chance to be a bonafide sleet producer, I’d be interested. 

My guess is this is just going to turn into a cold rain for most of SNE. Wagons north for a congrats dendrite is my thoughts 

I think Kev has the right idea. We will get an ice storm. The north trends will mean more ice than sleet.

42 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Of course. Kudos to you Jerry as you have seemed to take a guarded stance considering this years bias. You didn’t take the bait hook, line and sinker. Smart. 

Thank you!  To be honest I have weenied for this one but always with the thought that it would crap out.  Today’s runs are somewhat encouraging but we’ll see.  I want to use my new snowblower at least one this winter.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Thank you!  To be honest I have weenied for this one but always with the thought that it would crap out.  Today’s runs are somewhat encouraging but we’ll see.  I want to use my new snowblower at least one this winter.

He's at 2K in srn VT with multiple rounds of snow coming starting this evening.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty decent pike thump but there’s not a lot of wiggle room. I’d love to get 3 or 4 inches though before the pellets. 

I realize y'all in that Pike latitude really are straining and I'm sensitive to that ...but this looks like from Ray's area to myself/FIT gets a solid 5 hours of straight moderate 1/2 to 1/3 mi vis snow before we IP on that run.

That's actually more than I anticipated at this threads inception along Rt 2.  ...But, no one can be held accountable in the CH scenarios...   the gradient is so finite that it's beneath the resolution of the best tech and minds...  imho.  ha.

• Like 1

I don't really care if it snows or not in that sense.  I'm interested if snow is falling...or may do so, Sure. But it doesn't hit me that hard if it doesn't work out - especially post Feb 15 any year.  I like intersting events for a spectrum of the weather output.

I think it's cool when you get IP aggregation... several of them frozen together... they're loud and bounce and shatter...  Neat to see.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic