Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

5 hours ago, rclab said:

As per chronological realities, I use the scrub brush each morning to avoid that problem. Stay well, gl, as always …..

You scrub moss off your dome with a stiff bristled brush? Alrighty then B)

1 hour ago, nycemt123 said:

I saw a mosquito yesterday. First time I've ever seen one in early March.

We've had them for a few weeks now. You just haven't been paying attention. 

21 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

and the ticks!  Got to worry about those too, especially with Lyme disease on the rise.

That entire species could go extinct tomorrow and I'd be ok with it. Them and chiggers. Fuk em :devilsmiley:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

You scrub moss off your dome with a stiff bristled brush? Alrighty then B)

We've had them for a few weeks now. You just haven't been paying attention. 

That entire species could go extinct tomorrow and I'd be ok with it. Them and chiggers. Fuk em :devilsmiley:

Actually gravity I mostly use the soft side on certain parts. Stay well, as always …..

• Haha 2

While weenies are concerned with what the various 10:1 snow maps show falling on their head one thing I think many aren’t realizing is the relatively long period of winds with some decent gusts. It certainly will feel like winter for a couple days. 

I like that these storms bring out the best in everyone.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

While weenies are concerned with what the various 10:1 snow maps show falling on their head one thing I think many aren’t realizing is the relatively long period of winds with some decent gusts. It certainly will feel like winter for a couple days. 

And the winds slamming the snowpaste on tree limbs and power lines.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

We all saw you successfully use not only the quote option but the multi-quote earlier and now you're back to this^^^?  I'm beginning to wonder what you have leafing out down there. 

24 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I'll get a pic for you in the morning. 

Good evening, Rob, gravity. Years ago that was my best time also. Fortunately no pictures to prove it. Stay well and dry, wet, white or frozen. As always …

• Like 1

You started to get the sense on Saturday that this was not going to be one to two to three feet of snow in our area that many of the models, Euro, NAM, UKIE, even a couple of CMC runs, were outputting. I wish there was a way to punish them all for stupidity, especially the Euro and NAM but would that really bring the storm back? We expect stupidity from the NAM and everyone ignores it accordingly, the Euro should just be taken out back and put out of its misery.

The more modest forecast amounts now, 4-12 in the WSW for Orange County, was always in the range I assumed would actually happen but on the higher end of that range. I'm now convinced, at least where I am at 600 feet elevation 4 miles north of Woodbury Common, that even 4 inches will be tough to achieve.

Part of me, even though I love snow, is now hoping this is a total failure snow wise. Why not remember this Winter that never was as the epic failure that it should be remembered as. Let's go out with a gang buster of a bust and wake up Wednesday morning with a half inch of backend slush. It's the only way for this miserable season that wasn't to end..

Sitting at 18.5 inches for the season and need less than 4.5 inches from this storm to keep my snowfall futility record for a season. Part of me hoping for that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

You started to get the sense on Saturday that this was not going to be one to two to three feet of snow in our area that many of the models, Euro, NAM, UKIE, even a couple of CMC runs, were outputting. I wish there was a way to punish them all for stupidity, especially the Euro and NAM but would that really bring the storm back? We expect stupidity from the NAM and everyone ignores it accordingly, the Euro should just be taken out back and put out of its misery.

The more modest forecast amounts now, 4-12 in the WSW for Orange County, was always in the range I assumed would actually happen but on the higher end of that range. I'm now convinced, at least where I am at 600 feet elevation 3 miles north of Woodbury Common, that even 4 inches will be tough to achieve.

Part of me, even though I love snow, is now hoping this is a total failure snow wise. Why not remember this Winter that never was as the epic failure that it should be remembered as. Let's go out with a gang buster of a bust and wake up Wednesday morning with a half inch of backend slush. It's the only way for this misreable season that wasn't to end..

I'm thinking 3-6" for the OC, with the higher elevations maybe getting the 6".  It'll be interesting to see just how this plays out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I'm thinking 3-6" for the OC, with the higher elevations maybe getting the 6".  It'll be interesting to see just how this plays out.

I would still say 6-12 for me in Sullivan one county north of you both but I would now believe 6-9” would be more common than the 9-12”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Currently some snow showers here to kick off days and days.

Models have ticked a little cooler since last night, so it wouldn't take a huge bust to see bigger accums in the valleys. I'm not ready to write off 10"+ imby. 

The latest Euro run certainly bears that hope out. I think I'm just suffering from weekend model hangover and need rest to see this thing out until the end.

1 hour ago, crossbowftw3 said:

I would still say 6-12 for me in Sullivan one county north of you both but I would now believe 6-9” would be more common than the 9-12”

That makes sense to me for you as well.

54 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Currently some snow showers here to kick off days and days.

Models have ticked a little cooler since last night, so it wouldn't take a huge bust to see bigger accums in the valleys. I'm not ready to write off 10"+ imby. 

There's still time for this to go either way.  You being further north and east is a plus this time I believe.   

• Like 1

I think Julian wins this one being between the Catskills and Litchfield Hills and Berkshires maxes and also being near the Taconic Spine with the best chance of going over 9". 
How does Rockland County look in your opinion?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

At what point in the storm will the IVT begin to present itself.  It seems that it's position will be the difference between 2 and 10 inches.

I dont know how the NWS still gives Putnam 6-12 when the forcasted temp never drops below 33 for the entire storm.

7 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

The more modest forecast amounts now, 4-12 in the WSW for Orange County, was always in the range I assumed would actually happen but on the higher end of that range. I'm now convinced, at least where I am at 600 feet elevation 4 miles north of Woodbury Common, that even 4 inches will be tough to achieve.

Part of me, even though I love snow, is now hoping this is a total failure snow wise. Why not remember this Winter that never was as the epic failure that it should be remembered as. Let's go out with a gang buster of a bust and wake up Wednesday morning with a half inch of backend slush. It's the only way for this miserable season that wasn't to end..

Sitting at 18.5 inches for the season and need less than 4.5 inches from this storm to keep my snowfall futility record for a season. Part of me hoping for that.

it's important to remember that many of these models got worse after their "upgrades"  maybe that will be considered and the models will be tweaked back to what they were before these "upgrades"

the only model that got better after its upgrade was the Canadian.

• Like 1