Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

11 minutes ago, snywx said:

31 w/ lgt snow

1.5” otg 

pretty much a non event on this side of the county

Should be very interesting to see the gradient once the postmortem snowfall maps for this once are made. Seeing obs of 20+ already across parts of Massachusetts and VT/NH and they’ve got quite a ways to go there. 30+ seems a certainty for those areas and a 40 spot may not be too unrealistic at this time 

meanwhile; still barely 1-2” here and also a barely coated driveway 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Should be very interesting to see the gradient once the postmortem snowfall maps for this once are made. Seeing obs of 20+ already across parts of Massachusetts and VT/NH and they’ve got quite a ways to go there. 30+ seems a certainty for those areas and a 40 spot may not be too unrealistic at this time 

meanwhile; still barely 1-2” here and also a barely coated driveway 

It’s gonna be just E of the Hudson. I’m seeing reports of 8-10” in Dutchess. Some parts of the highlands In eastern orange may get in on the action. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

MSV area only at 3.3” and they’ve got 500-600 of elevation on me

Elevation isn’t even a factor now. There is a report of 10” right on the E of the river in southern dutchess. We just happen to be on the wrong side of the tracks. Oh well bring on spring 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, snywx said:

Elevation isn’t even a factor now. There is a report of 10” right on the E of the river in southern dutchess. We just happen to be on the wrong side of the tracks. Oh well bring on spring 

Glad we won’t need to wait long to see near-50 degrees again (if things hold for Thursday-Friday)

It was only (slightly) below freezing from 3>6, I went out a few minutes after 6, just as it went back above 32 and had 4". When I went out to shovel around 8 it was more like 2" over stupid heavy grey matter. It hasn't stopped snowing and graupeling but it's not accumulating at all on surfaces I cleared.

My back hurts :oldman:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

5.2 inches in Highland Mills so only added 0.7 since 7:30 dryslotted to light snow much of that time.

Borderline heavy again in the last 15 minutes at 31.1 and holding.  Will snowblow at 11 and see what this hour brings totals wise. 

Had the same in accumulation. Back to moderate snow currently, temp 33. Super heavy snow, it was like shoveling water. Forecast has another 2-4” for today.  Hopefully the winds don’t hit what’s forecasted. HRRR still showing another  2-7” in our area for today.

735BE888-96BC-4E28-B7D4-5FC4E12B2A2E.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Had the same in accumulation. Back to moderate snow currently, temp 33. Super heavy snow, it was like shoveling water. Forecast has another 2-4” for today.  Hopefully the winds don’t hit what’s forecasted. HRRR still showing another  2-7” in our area for today.

735BE888-96BC-4E28-B7D4-5FC4E12B2A2E.png

Heard the threshold for power outages is 4" as long as you get less than 4" of wet snow, then you probably don't have to worry about the power going out.

12 minutes ago, snywx said:

I got a report that rock hill is up to 15”

going out to measure. Getting some moderate snow now

Then that 10” in Bloomingburg doesn’t seem nearly as dubious, areas to my immediate west are coming in with the same 1-3” range I finished at. Strange. 

edit: Kiamesha with 10.5 as well, this is going to be one heck of a gradient in just this county then.