Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

3 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

It's my fault, guys--I did a stupid thing and bought a fancy-pants, new snow blower last fall. I'm so, so sorry.

No worries, Mike. My gf gave me a couple of winter coats for Christmas. I’m holding her responsible.

I keep squinting, looking for flurries. Nothing yet but I do need to wash my windows.

8 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

No worries, Mike. My gf gave me a couple of winter coats for Christmas. I’m holding her responsible.

I keep squinting, looking for flurries. Nothing yet but I do need to wash my windows.

I was outside and there were a couple misguided flakes. Non weenie people wouldn't have noticed. My windows have dried up rain spots and it's difficult to spot a stray flurry. Then again, a grown man shouldn't be looking for a stray flurry.

Mother nature treating NJ well. Gives them legal weed AND some decent flurries. This area must have something on the ground. It's been hanging there for the past 2 hours w/ decent intensity at times

ds.jpg

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

:lol:

Some nifty looking undulatus out there at the moment. I'm just happy it's properly cold and blustery for a change. 

46 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

:lol:

Some nifty looking undulatus out there at the moment. I'm just happy it's properly cold and blustery for a change. 

I made it a point to vacuum the car and change the oil/filter today just to be outside and feel the elements and possible stray flake. Although no snow this is at least something wintry.

Games start at 4:30pm...Bird fans should really be rooting for Seattle although I think they have little chance.

30F/DP 20F/Cloudy, projected low low tonight 26F   

2 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Media 28 Cloudy windy winds gusting to 40 mph?  Getting 40 mph winds today was that forecasted?  Also that storm offshore didn’t miss by much. 

We are sandwiched between an elongated high to the west and a low that is sitting off the coast so the gradient has been increasing as that low deepens a bit.  The 3:38 pm AFD mentioned it -

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH SUNDAY/...
200 PM...As of early this afternoon, a deep upper level trough
was centered along the east coast with a developing low pressure
system located several hundred miles east of Cape Hatteras.
Meanwhile an elongated area of high pressure extended from
northern Ontario south and westward through the Great Lakes and
then down towards the western Gulf of Mexico. The gradient
between these two features is resulting in blustery N/NW winds
over the area and this looks to continue through most of the
near term term period.

There's definitely been an active breeze today!

Currently still overcast here and 30 with dp 21

1 hour ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Media 28 Cloudy windy winds gusting to 40 mph?  Getting 40 mph winds today was that forecasted?  Also that storm offshore didn’t miss by much. 

Had a couple gust that made my windows whistle. Not 40mph but pretty sure 25+mph. I can tell it's windy because my digital antenna is fading in/out at times. 

"Impediments and fluctuations in your broadcast signal caused by things like moving debris and trees are the most common causes."

27F/DP18F/Cloudy

5 hours ago, JTA66 said:

First day of the month we ended up with below average temperatures. Winter’s back baby!! :snowman:

5 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Ch10 guy is talking about how much sunlight we’re gaining each day. Winter’s over baby!! :sun:

Will have to wait for what Punxsutawney Phil says! :lol:

The cloud deck actually cleared out quite a bit here and it's just partly cloudy and 27 with dp 20 (and humidifiers back in operation).

• Haha 1

Today should see a return to near normal January temps with highs in the upper 30's. Sunny tomorrow before a chance of rain Tuesday with a much better chance by Thursday. The warmest day looks like Wednesday when we could touch 50 degrees. Cooler again by the end of the week.
The record high for today is 70 degrees in 1932. The record low is 3 below zero from 1988. Daily precipitation record is 1.07" Daily snow record is the 6.0" that fell today in 1927.
image.png.3a61a835d0c68529d82eb56052e04212.png