• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

A chilly wet day on tap today across the area. As of 8am we had already received 0.15" of rain and look for another 0.25" to 0.50" during the day today. Tomorrow looks like the warmest day of the week with highs in the mid-40's. Slightly above normal temps should continue for the next 7 days. Of note this is on average the coldest 7 day stretch of the winter season across Chester County. It looks like we still could see some wet snow arriving on Sunday afternoon especially across the higher western spots in the county. This should change to a cold rain before ending toward midnight. Another storm could start as snow on Tuesday night before mixing with and changing to a cold rain before ending on Wednesday.
The record high for today is 67 degrees set in 1951. Our record low occurred on what was also the coldest day in Chester County history with a high temperature of 1 below zero after a record AM low of 11 degrees below zero back on this date in 1994. Daily precipitation record is the 1.91" that fell in 1996. Record daily snow is the 13.0" that fell on this date in 1961.
image.png.00af7b494e84165d79963a96487f0793.png

I see I didn't miss much the last 5 days... I guess I'll check back in another 5 days and see if anything has changed for the better. I've basically punted on this winter at least down here around 95, hoping to see at least one WWA level event, but not holding my breath. If you live in the N and W burbs though, there's a solid chance 1 of the next 3 storms delivers though at least a decent thump. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blizzard Hunter said:

Well I appreciate the Icon giving a smidgen of hope, even though there is no question whatever the least snowy solution being modeled is what will happen. Trend of this winter. 

Even the “least snowy solution” would suggest snow. :P 

Stick with the “no snowy solution”.

4 hours ago, Lady Di said:

Shower, 39F.  Blinds are closed.  Can't take much more of the damp and dreary.  I'm in the suicidal scenes of Groundhog Day.

Historic dreary winter it is. Just had two and a half sunny days and somewhat mild temperatures and it's not even registering on the feel good meter after being back in the soup today.

• Like 1