• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

58 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If you look at most models, there is a stripe of lower snow which is over me.   It is normal in these situations where warm air is close...

image.png.cc7e383bdd652a1a7db4a423c1edfb3e.png

I feel like this map so far looks fairly accurate - my office is right on the edge of the blue - and there was just a trace of snow here. My home is well within the blue, and there's much more snow there than here at work. 

Any posters east of the blue line who are seeing snow?

• Like 1

I feel like this map so far looks fairly accurate - my office is right on the edge of the blue - and there was just a trace of snow here. My home is well within the blue, and there's much more snow there than here at work. 
Any posters east of the blue line who are seeing snow?

I am east of that blue. Based on my ring camera, it was snowing but there is no snow accumulation. Everything just wet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

I thought it was 2" or so but it might be closer to 3" looking at the garage rooftop*.

*CTP's official snow measurement platform

Yea Im measuring on grass with a busted cheap westcott wooden ruler so it could be 2.5-3in hence my scuffed "totally scientific" ;)

• Haha 1

Hey Guys.  Well, the hour between 8:15 and 9:15 was just glorious with very heavy snow >1" per hour rates.  It's just so beautiful out there with snow falling and no wind.  In the last 30 minutes it has diminished to light snow, but all pure snow with no mix (yet).  Snowboard is measuring just under 3" at 2.8" officially.  I haven't looked yet at any radars so I don't know if anything more of significance is coming (snow-wise).  I wonder if it will all be gone by tomorrow morning?  If the temp stays close to 35 with the heavy rain, it will take a while to destroy it.  I shot about 6 minutes of video during the heavy part so I can play it back on my TV Christmas morning when it's 8 degrees.  As intense as the cold and wind are going to be (mostly Christmas Eve), it won't come close to Christmas Day 1980 when temps did not get out of the mid single digits after having dropped to -2F with wind gusts of 30+mph created wind chills of 55 below!  That was before the NWS completely revised the official wind chill charts.

As I am about to submit this the temp has risen to 30.2 degrees and the snow is picking back up again, approaching moderate.  Should be able to reach 3" before the changeover.

• Like 2