• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

30 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I still can’t over higher elevations of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties getting 2-5 FEET with isolated 7-8’ possible this weekend. What a winter in the SW US and Rockies. 

I think it was LA NWS’s first issued blizzard warning since 1989. 

Incredible - you don't have to drive far at all right now out of LA proper to get into deep winter.

Always love flying into LAX or SNA (John Wayne in Orange County) to enjoy the descent over the last mountain range...the Pacific is right in front of you along with millions and millions of people in the valley between the ocean and the mountains. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

True but should our areas holder of records be "doing its thing"?  LOL.    That was why I pointed that out.  

Oh, I totally understand and agree with you. I think that's why there's so much fuss down south with DCA's snow and temp records...sitting right on the river in that valley no doubt influences their numbers as well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Been saying this for years the weather instruments they have are whacked if you pay close attention to them 

Perhaps sometimes in some places, on the whole I don't agree with you. Lots of examples today of locations with much cooler temps than surrounding areas. You can't tell me that all of the instruments are whacked at MDT, Inner Harbor, Annapolis, etc. It's not the instruments, it's the effect of adjacent very chilly waters this time of year. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Incredible - you don't have to drive far at all right now out of LA proper to get into deep winter.

Always love flying into LAX or SNA (John Wayne in Orange County) to enjoy the descent over the last mountain range...the Pacific is right in front of you along with millions and millions of people in the valley between the ocean and the mountains. 

lived there and done that. Stuck in a blizzard in 1977 on my first road trip from Newhall Ca. where I lived and during high school. Went around the the closed interstate 5 blocks at Castaic and got back on and got stuck at Tejon Pass near Gorman. Spent two days in the only motel there. Had  had to dig it out the car after 4 feet of snow buried it. Battery went dead too because I had to leave flashers on so the huge snow blowers would not hit it on the shoulder. Lots of fun the good ole days

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Perhaps sometimes in some places, on the whole I don't agree with you. Lots of examples today of locations with much cooler temps than surrounding areas. You can't tell me that all of the instruments are whacked at MDT, Inner Harbor, Annapolis, etc. It's not the instruments, it's the effect of adjacent very chilly waters this time of year. 

no i was replying to how the temp swung so many times in 10 mins by several degree's. also I am in the back yard of the air port I have a digital and old fashioned thermometer and the airpart thats maybe 500 yard away can be off by as much as 7-9 degree's at times 

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

That's when winter's going to hit. When no one wants it anymore.

i wish but at this rate im not buying any storm that brings snow till it not only starts but puts down 3-6 inchs at least lol. tho we all know its gonna snow the first day of spring just to be like wtf