• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Right now CTP has upper 30s with a chance of light rain/snow for here. I'd imagine some places with elevation might have a nice little wintry scene tomorrow. 

The models that show accum snow keep you near freezing due to the clouds and precip.   I would bet the zones are right vs. the nam but still something track. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS is a NE Special through the first 7 days.  Lots of make up snow up there. 

Next weekend looks like a lot of snow in northern PA and a LOT of rain down here - looks like it end with a few/several hours of snow as the system moves off the coast. 

That was at a quick-ish glance that I could see on Pivotal. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Next weekend looks like a lot of snow in northern PA and a LOT of rain down here - looks like it end with a few/several hours of snow as the system moves off the coast. 

That was at a quick-ish glance that I could see on Pivotal. 

It was real close in southern PA for its duration.  A special storm.   It goes from 4" to 18" quickly just above Harrisburg. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A winter extender.  Groundhogs delight.   Would be our most winter period of the season outside the Christmas cold (IMO).   Below 0 readings in N PA a couple days after the storm. 

Jury is out whether or not we'll see any snow in March but it's becoming quite likely that it will be cold...

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Jury is out whether or not we'll see any snow in March but it's becoming quite likely that it will be cold...

Agreed, though if I were forecasting I would say not an early spring.  This GFS is super cold but you know how that is.    You know it is cold when a warm front brings a WAA level snow on March 8th. 

• Like 2

Just now, canderson said:

The whole winter has been nothing except the 10 day "hey look a snowstorm!" model runs. Very minimal tracking - I mean shit @Bubbler86 is tracking a storm that might give us a trace! What a pathetic season. 

The guys here were told 1-3" so someone is touting this storm.   Plows on.