• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just posted that it has picked up here again as well.   I may that 2" threshold yet. 

About 3” here, but it was cool to see us work out that warm layer and it’s all snow in this batch. Don’t think the stuff south has the right vector to nip us sadly. Thermals are still cooperating too, 31 here

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

About 3” here, but it was cool to see us work out that warm layer and it’s all snow in this batch. Don’t think the stuff south has the right vector to nip us sadly. Thermals are still cooperating too, 31 here

Interesting sleet up into Harrisburg now.  Hard to forecast situations like this sometimes.  I am used to changing fast when a low is to my west but Harrisburg surprises me. 

Dry slot is here and 3.5” is the total. Never mixed either, so the other stuff can stay away until it’s cold enough upstairs again later tonight and tomorrow haha. Melting down my rain gauge collector inside to see if I can get a rough ratio on the snowfall. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sleet in Harrisburg with snow 30 miles southeast of there - think rates are playing a role in that. 

Surely,, but a bit surprised it made it that far north when I am still snowing here....though it has stopped now as the dryslot has pulled in.   The rgem had a blotchy precip map like that last night.  I am not so keen on giving the GFS too much credit.  It had 5" over MDT last evening. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surely,, but a bit surprised it made it that far north when I am still snowing here....though it has stopped now as the dryslot has pulled in.   The rgem had a blotchy precip map like that last night.  I am not so keen on giving the GFS too much credit.  It had 5" over MDT last evening. 

yeah still snow here near middletown area all snow temp 31-32 keeps bouncing 

• Like 1

I just went through a bit of a lull and then sleet mixed in with the light snow.  That lasted maybe 10 minutes before going back to all snow now.  Rate is beginning to ramp back up pretty rapidly.  This might be that heavier band from Chambersburg.

Temp holding at 32.5 degrees.  As soon as I heard sleet I grabbed my gauge and melted down the snow.  My 2.3" of snow melted to 0.30" of liquid.  I'm pretty sure there is some sleet contamination in there since I didn't quite catch the start of the sleet.  Rates approaching moderate.  Maybe I can add a few more tenths to the storm total?  Solid moderate rate here now with increased flake size.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS did better than a lot of models for sure, but I think (?) the Euro might have been better. 

GFS had the 2"+ mark well down through Lanco - I don't think southern areas are getting to 2". I thought the Euro had closer to 1" over most of southern Lanco which seems to be a more likely outcome at this point. 

Jus got past 1" here in Columbia with moderate snow, so we'll see.