• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

After pouring over approximately 3,749 reports from various sources, I am going with a total snowfall yesterday of 1.2" on .7" liquid.  All evidence of said event is gone.

I think we're going to end up with the third warmest January on record at MDT.  1932 will be tough to ever beat for warmest, not sure what went down that year ha.

National high of 88 at multiple locations in Florida and low of -28 in Angel Fire, NM.  Cool beans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

After pouring over approximately 3,749 reports from various sources, I am going with a total snowfall yesterday of 1.2" on .7" liquid.  All evidence of said event is gone.

I think we're going to end up with the third warmest January on record at MDT.  1932 will be tough to ever beat for warmest, not sure what went down that year ha.

National high of 88 at multiple locations in Florida and low of -28 in Angel Fire, NM.  Cool beans. 

That is pretty hot for most areas of Florida in Jan.  

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

One of those Florida locations was Titusville - always get excited going across the Indian River near Titusville on all of our cruises out of Port Canaveral. I can't help but smile every time I think of Titusville. 

There's your useless info for the day in response to your super-useful temp post. :)  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

GFS is a disaster 

check out the 186 hr panel then toggle back 6-8 runs (if you want a good laugh).

Fret not bud.  This could still end up in Cuba or Chicago if one puts faith in mid/lr GFS.  

Still looks like colder press looming, and as we've seen the WAR winning the winter war, that could create some fun if/when the GFS moderates the cold dome and we end up north enough of the boundary for colder sides of southern sliders (again if anyone believes we are headed into a period of suppression) -till that 300+ cutter locks in and slams Ottawa :P

I like rolling the dice with a well defined boundary to our south. Often times we get multiple chances and some of them can be significant. Might also see a cutter that hits a deeper cold airmass than what we had yesterday leading to a better front end thump.
There are still ways to fail of course but that’s the case in every pattern.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

I like rolling the dice with a well defined boundary to our south. Often times we get multiple chances and some of them can be significant. Might also see a cutter that hits a deeper cold airmass than what we had yesterday leading to a better front end thump.
There are still ways to fail of course but that’s the case in every pattern.

Agree 100% with this - I could be disappointed once again, but I'll say right now that I'd be surprised if we don't have at least one accumulating snow in the next 10-14 days. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

I take it as a compliment. Thanks! :D

I'm sincerely glad that you do. Personally, he is a top 5 favorite poster of mine on the entire board. He's one of a very select few that can actually make me literally laugh out loud just by reading what he says. Thing is - he's very smart/knowledgeable about the weather. He's not just some weenie. 

He's a smart, funny as hell weenie. 

• Haha 1