Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Excuse the mouse drawn arrow.  LOL 

image.png.e22a3fbd2caca52d4aacc5090570ce1f.png

As some of us have suggested over the last few days, that HP holds the key to the winter toy chest for the mid week event.  Every little bit further south (or holding and not retreating) is gonna be extra time frozen for the central mtns/easter folks.  CAD for the win (well maybe just a small victory).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This is not going to be the vibe of a typical post of mine.

This winter is wearing on me. We had one snow at home (about 1") which I missed entirely while I was at work. It snowed a second time (about .25") while I slept and missed again. (though I did see some remnants in the morning. 

Today I started my day at home as I got home very late last night and had early meetings this morning, which I took from home. I was up at 5:30 and saw rain. It rained up until the time I left. Between 7 and 8 there was a mix, but it never flipped to snow (I clearly was lacking rates at this point) and it was never even close to moderate. On my way to work I did see the hills south of Wrightsville were VERY white...clearly more than a coating. The only other evidence of snow I saw was a little bit on Chickies between the trail parking lot and the day care center on the south side. Nothing at all anywhere else, and nothing at home other than some mixed flakes with the rain.

Happy that you got to see some nice snow falling. :) But this winter just flat out sucks. And there's nothing anyone can say at this point to convince me otherwise. I feel for those down here in the southern part of Lanco who are STILL shutout on the season. 

On to Wednesday...

its been tough sledding for us and very understandable for the glum feelings.  I at least got to see snow on my drive in this am, and some white ground north of Manheim.  As we've been chatting about for a little now, we look to be heading into a period where enough is aligned in our favor to maybe eek out a couple events before EOM.  After that....we'll lets just enjoy the next 2 weeks and see where things go.  

chin up 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This is not going to be the vibe of a typical post of mine.

This winter is wearing on me. We had one snow at home (about 1") which I missed entirely while I was at work. It snowed a second time (about .25") while I slept and missed again. (though I did see some remnants in the morning. 

Today I started my day at home as I got home very late last night and had early meetings this morning, which I took from home. I was up at 5:30 and saw rain. It rained up until the time I left. Between 7 and 8 there was a mix, but it never flipped to snow (I clearly was lacking rates at this point) and it was never even close to moderate. On my way to work I did see the hills south of Wrightsville were VERY white...clearly more than a coating. The only other evidence of snow I saw was a little bit on Chickies between the trail parking lot and the day care center on the south side. Nothing at all anywhere else, and nothing at home other than some mixed flakes with the rain.

Happy that you got to see some nice snow falling. :) But this winter just flat out sucks. And there's nothing anyone can say at this point to convince me otherwise. I feel for those down here in the southern part of Lanco who are STILL shutout on the season. 

On to Wednesday...

Hang in there big fella! (just a colloquialism, have no idea as to your actual stature haha).  I'm genuinely shocked you didn't see more action than that this morning (insert crude joke here).  It was legitimately snowing here for multiple hours.  Hey, maybe that extra 100' of elevation I gained from my move is finally paying off :lol:

• Haha 1

and my last snipper WRT NAM, we hold thermals through 57hrs on NAM, and most precip has fallen by that time, so while we might taint, verbatim were in the frozen category, and not just wet.  Beyond that there is a short period of rain, but temps at 33 -36 may be cold enough to hang onto whatever falls. 

Sometimes life about celebrating the small victories and not the BIG Win (like the Eagles had yesterday...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hang in there big fella! (just a colloquialism, have no idea as to your actual stature haha).  I'm genuinely shocked you didn't see more action than that this morning (insert crude joke here).  It was legitimately snowing here for multiple hours.  Hey, maybe that extra 100' of elevation I gained from my move is finally paying off :lol:

It was simply a rate issue - it was precipitating and there was some snow mixing in for sure - just wasn't heavy enough to flip over. 

It's all but a guarantee that I see a lot of snow in May. Can't often say that. :)

• Like 1

CTP comin out guns blazin'

Wednesday
Snow, mainly after 7am. High near 35. Breezy, with a southeast wind 7 to 12 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Here's the HBG forecast as of now:

Wednesday
Snow before 1pm, then rain, possibly mixed with snow. High near 38. Light east wind becoming southeast 12 to 17 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Wednesday Night
Rain likely before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried about that initial tongue of moisture being too far to our north, have seen it showing up on quite a few models.  GFS at 12z has also cut totals a bit for the entire region.

GFS didnt trend any better, and thermals retreated a skosh.  Still not horrible, but was hoping to see that trend continue.  Just an observation of 1 run tho.  Other nooners still look ok on the front end. 

27 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried about that initial tongue of moisture being too far to our north, have seen it showing up on quite a few models.  GFS at 12z has also cut totals a bit for the entire region.

I’ve seen that before when nowcasting radar. Precip is streaming well north while the thermals are getting wrecked. Just have to hope it doesn’t play out like that on this storm.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

GFS didnt trend any better, and thermals retreated a skosh.  Still not horrible, but was hoping to see that trend continue.  Just an observation of 1 run tho.  Other nooners still look ok on the front end. 

Yeah I'm with ya.  However, the tail ends of both the FV3 and the 3k NAM also show that overrunning breaking out a bit too far to our north for my liking.  Something to keep an eye on.  As of now I'm putting the over/under at an inch for my neck of the woods.

32 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

I thought GFS at least held serve down here. Certainly cut back for true central but I wouldn’t be too worried there.

Yeah I guess its just a little weeble wobbling of the R/S line for the westers that came north.  CAD still doin its thingy round here.  As we all know, that is often an inevitable trend that seems easy to pick out cause were so used to seeing it.  

6z

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_10.png

nooner

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_9.png