• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

I'd like to chime in here with the other recent posters to say that I love all the posts from [mention=12693]Blizzard of 93[/mention].  It's funny but it seems like once every winter our subforum goes through an emotionally driven "episode" like we all witnessed this morning.  Ultimately we all always "make up" and move on.  Let's hope this time it's the same.
I know there is at least one other poster here that isn't in to sports.  For the most part, neither am I.  My only very tiny gripe is that I wish the discussions in this specific forum could be limited to weather-related posts primarily.  Of course, the last time I brought this up and suggested that a separate banter thread be created to cover all other topics besides weather, I was pretty quickly dismissed.  I'll say it again, why can't we have a separate banter thread for anything else but weather?  If you want to, create a sports-only banter thread so all sports fans know where to go to discuss their favorite teams/players.  If it costed money to create and maintain any additional threads, well then I might look at this differently.  But, threads are free!  Think about it, please? :snowwindow:

I’m not sure there are enough posts for separate threads. If there were more posts, I would agree.

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Every pro Met & quality poster on here & across the internet weather universe was fired up about the potential of this pattern.

It didn’t materialize as snow for many of our yards, so what do some posters do….?

They belittle posters & forecasters that were fired up over a great looking pattern that usually delivers 9 times out of 10…

They of course knew all along it would fail….so why did everyone waste their time looking at all of the potential?
Why were pro forecasters salivating & woofing over this pattern potential…

The naysayers answer… Don’t post about patterns in the 10 to 15 day range….heck 5 to 7 days is too long for some…too much potential disappointment to possibly handle…

Lol…. I guess I’ll just start looking out the window instead of looking at everything else…!!!!!

I didn't see anything really out of line. I might have missed something though.

49 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I'd like to chime in here with the other recent posters to say that I love all the posts from @Blizzard of 93.  It's funny but it seems like once every winter our subforum goes through an emotionally driven "episode" like we all witnessed this morning.  Ultimately we all always "make up" and move on.  Let's hope this time it's the same.

I know there is at least one other poster here that isn't in to sports.  For the most part, neither am I.  My only very tiny gripe is that I wish the discussions in this specific forum could be limited to weather-related posts primarily.  Of course, the last time I brought this up and suggested that a separate banter thread be created to cover all other topics besides weather, I was pretty quickly dismissed.  I'll say it again, why can't we have a separate banter thread for anything else but weather?  If you want to, create a sports-only banter thread so all sports fans know where to go to discuss their favorite teams/players.  If it costed money to create and maintain any additional threads, well then I might look at this differently.  But, threads are free!  Think about it, please? :snowwindow:

I remember your request, and I am only posting about weather now. As I said last week, I was largely responsible and apologize again for that.

32 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I’m not sure there are enough posts for separate threads. If there were more posts, I would agree.

Sports seems to be the main instigator of this OT discussion but more OT posts about "adult subjects" than anything today.  Maybe the discussion should be OT in general?  I had one post on both subjects so not pointing fingers.

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I remember your request, and I am only posting about weather now. As I said last week, I was largely responsible and apologize again for that.

Hey, please, no apologies are necessary!!  I never considered you to be more than any other sports poster.  The first time I made that suggestion was at least a year ago, or maybe two.  While I really don't get bent out of shape about sports posts I honestly do not understand the reluctance of anyone in creating a sports and/or banter thread.  Last time I looked, there were no posting minimums that are in effect here, are there?  Who cares if the thread only gets posts a few times per week?  What difference should that make as to the validity of such a thread?  (I'm not pointing anything I'm saying at you, even if it might look that way.  My comments are directed to our subforum as a whole).  Finally, it's incredibly easy to keep one tab opened to our weather page AND keep a second tab open to the banter page.  It takes one second to switch between the two and to refresh the page.)

I had a feeling the pre Christmas storm not only wouldnt happen it would be warm and rainy just sadly how things happen all the damn time. if some how we did get a few inches of snow it would warm up only to melt before christmas like it did a few years back.

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some of the posters in the MA have been honking about this for days now....a piece of energy rounds the base of the trough and is a classic dip into the GOM and snow on the NE scenario.   Euro and GFS do not have it due to fairly large differences in trough position. 

image.thumb.png.3d32621a39ceb40299dedda25b8373db.png

This was showing every once in awhile back in fantasy land on some GFS runs & some ensembles as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This was showing every once in awhile back in fantasy land on some GFS runs & some ensembles as well.

Yea, I remember it being part two of the two storm scenario...a bit surprised it showed back up on an OP with part 1 being so drastically different now.    I know the GEPS kept suggesting though. 

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, If only we could take the Euro for the front end & the GFS for the back end.

I will take whatever snow scraps I can get from this event at this point.

Backend would be better so it doesn’t get washed away.   Sterling did put watches up for their far western counties for 4-6” of snow followed by .25” ice all front end