Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2022

George BM

4 hours ago, George BM said:

@WxWatcher007 It's really nice of you to assist in creating a spooky atmosphere in your neighbors lawn this Halloween season.

How often do you and your friend get together for Starbucks and what's your favorite coffee?

So this is what the former staff of the old Panic Room is doing to make ends meet!  Pretty cool!  Glad @WxWatcher007 and his staff are keeping some tradition going.  Halloween is like the Panic Room version of Mardi Gras!  As far as Starbucks is concerned, my guess is that the coffee just goes right through them! :lol:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, nj2va said:

I was watching two different Caps teams in the first then the second/third. They were outplayed handily and looked slow. Not good. 

It's early but I'm not sure what to make of the team this year. 

This might be the year, age starts really catching up to them. I think there a playoff team but probably not a real contender.

Watching some of the Stanley cup contenders there speed and skill look different than the caps so far lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Ravens sure still need work. Offense and Defense are perfectly synchronous in the second half with a lead lol. Got a little lucky today, or the outcome may have been familiar.

Ravens fans love to complain about the refs giving away games, but they gifted the ravens that win today. Fantasy false start on the FG attempt prevented what should have/would have been a browns first down with plenty of time left. I can guess where that would have ended up.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

LOL GB.

Heinicke!

That dude definitely plays his butt off but the physical limitations are very evident. The arm strength is just not there but he pulls out games and the team responds to him. Here comes 7 wins and continued mediocrity lol

22 minutes ago, 5-4-3DP said:

That dude definitely plays his butt off but the physical limitations are very evident. The arm strength is just not there but he pulls out games and the team responds to him. Here comes 7 wins and continued mediocrity lol

The team definitely plays more fired up when he's in there but you are right he doesn't have NFL quaility arm strength  and it showed on the pic he threw.  

He's a gamer though and definitely gives them the best chance to win.

There were plays he made alluding the rush that would of been sacks or worse for Wentz.

Just now, Chris78 said:

The team definitely plays more fired up when he's in there but you are right he doesn't have NFL quaility arm strength  and it showed on the pic he threw.  

He's a gamer though and definitely gives them the best chance to win.

There were plays he made alluding the rush that would of been sacks or worse for Wentz.

Totally agree. I’m a bigger believer in talent but sometimes you can’t overlook heart and a desire to win which he definitely has. The Offensive coordinator needs to scheme plays better that fit his strengths. If the D continues how they have played we will be in games and have a chance. Problem is we probably get 7-8 wins with heinicke and are still stuck in the mediocrity while looking for a QB again…

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Their coaching staff if doing an excellent job and they would be much improved no matter what…but the Giants are the luckiest and by far least impressive 6-1 team I’ve ever seen. 

Agree. Coached up but the way they have been winning suggests there is probably a 3 game losing streak in their near future.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:45 AM, SnowenOutThere said:

First winter swim meet of the season for the swim people in the sub. Get to swim 100 free, 100 breaststroke and 100 fly (unfortunately).  Wanting to get some time drops before tryouts for high school in November. 

How'd it go?

We had quite a few kids from our summer team that swam in that meet, and by all accounts lots of them did well. My 9-year-old decided that she didn't want to do year-round swim this year (she doesn't like the meets AT ALL), so she's only swimming with our summer team at Audrey Moore on Sunday evenings. The amazing thing is that, even only swimming for an hour a week I can see real improvement. If only she'd have stuck with year-round again this year I think she might have made even more strides...but it's her choice!

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

How'd it go?

We had quite a few kids from our summer team that swam in that meet, and by all accounts lots of them did well. My 9-year-old decided that she didn't want to do year-round swim this year (she doesn't like the meets AT ALL), so she's only swimming with our summer team at Audrey Moore on Sunday evenings. The amazing thing is that, even only swimming for an hour a week I can see real improvement. If only she'd have stuck with year-round again this year I think she might have made even more strides...but it's her choice!

It went well, I won the meet in 50 free with a low 22, went right on my time in 100 breaststroke, added a second in 100 free because I got too nervous and messed up my stroke + breathing rate but still got third in the meet which was nice, dropped to a high 57 in 100 fly and know there is still some significant time still out there, and in 200 IM I got a 2:06 and dropped a bunch of time and I got a 58 something in 100 back. Overall a pretty great meet except for that 100 freestyle where I messed up. I was out of practice last week with a cold or possibly covid so I'm pretty happy with my times. I can sympathize with your 9 year old about how winter meets sorta suck but its impressive that she is able to drop time swimming once a week. As someone who coaches one of those once a week practices I always do the best I can to make sure they get the fundamentals like good underwaters so they can drop time when summer comes around. 

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic