• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

I don't think I've ever seen a low pressure (in June!) that looks like a clipper come down from the northwest and slice through PA while central pressures drop to the low 990's.  It looks so weird.

Another thing I haven't seen (though I'm sure it's happened before) are such widespread temps over 100 in so many states.  It looks like all of Georgia is over 100 degrees at 2:00pm Tuesday.  Absolutely crazy...lol.

BTW, I've had a trace of rain here since midnight.  Over the last 3 days I've only had just under 0.25".  Low this morning was 56, currently 65 with the sun trying hard to make an appearance, yet still overcast.

14 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I don't think I've ever seen a low pressure (in June!) that looks like a clipper come down from the northwest and slice through PA while central pressures drop to the low 990's.  It looks so weird.

Another thing I haven't seen (though I'm sure it's happened before) are such widespread temps over 100 in so many states.  It looks like all of Georgia is over 100 degrees at 2:00pm Tuesday.  Absolutely crazy...lol.

BTW, I've had a trace of rain here since midnight.  Over the last 3 days I've only had just under 0.25".  Low this morning was 56, currently 65 with the sun trying hard to make an appearance, yet still overcast.

Nam shifted way west from last run.   Some big rain numbers showing up

790D2255-E2A6-4DFB-897C-52AE15D63DCB.png

25 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I hope not. Voyager will have convulsions if that verifies.

God I 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Is this a 30's night for you?

image.thumb.png.d159b5e4991f43bc8c99dffb8808f25c.png

God I love those nights. You wake up huddled under the covers but its so freaking fresh. BRING IT

• Like 1

My daughter’s softball tournament suddenly ended when a very heavy rain shower moved through around 4 pm today! The heavy rain lasted for almost 1 hour and inundated the fields to make them not playable this evening. 
Our team was trailing 3-1 in the 3rd inning, but had the bases loaded with just 1 out and the top of the order coming up just as the heavy rain arrived to cancel the game. Half of our team is leaving for vacation tonight or tomorrow, so we were not able to reschedule this week, so we had to forfeit and settle for the 3rd place trophy & bronze medal. 
The team only lost 1 game during the regular season. They had a great year, but the weather today caused a frustrating ending to this season.
The kids had fun this season and really improved with each game, and they are already looking forward to next year!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

My daughter’s softball tournament suddenly ended when a very heavy rain shower moved through around 4 pm today! The heavy rain lasted for almost 1 hour and inundated the fields to make them not playable this evening. 
Our team was trailing 3-1 in the 3rd inning, but had the bases loaded with just 1 out and the top of the order coming up just as the heavy rain arrived to cancel the game. Half of our team is leaving for vacation tonight or tomorrow, so we were not able to reschedule this week, so we had to forfeit and settle for the 3rd place trophy & bronze medal. 
The team only lost 1 game during the regular season. They had a great year, but the weather today caused a frustrating ending to this season.
The kids had fun this season and really improved with each game, and they are already looking forward to next year!

As a dad who had 4 kids play softball or baseball, I know all too well the havoc that rains can cause. I'm sorry that the weather did in the young ladies from Marysville today but you have a great perspective for the season as a whole. Not all parents show that kind of class/sportsmanship that you did. 

Congrats on a great season.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

CTP has a HWO for everyone west of the river tonight for severe thunderstorms and flooding rains. My forecast is for partly cloudy...

These clusters are always hard to pin down.  I would not plan any overnight camping there just yet.   The HRRR takes most of it west of PA altogether while here is the Nam. 

image.thumb.png.3457abe9a077c90cbf27b73bd6a810b7.png