Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2022

9 minutes ago, Voyager said:

We'll see. This afternoon's festivities will tell the tale...lol

Just perused the models, and the meso's all seem to fringe me again later. Some of them give SCPA a decent hit, but not up/over here. Only the FV3 Hi-Res gives me anything good.

15 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Busy morning here.   How are the storms looking later?  

SPC day 1 outlook looks similar to what you posted yesterday afternoon, which is actually a downgrade from what I saw last evening. They had the Enhanced area all the way down close to Harrisburg. It was pulled back NW this morning.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A high of 89 yesterday and .03" of rain overnight.  Most everything slid by me.  Some thunder on the doorstep as we speak but that also looks like it may slide by.  Looking forward to some action later on.

Nice little cluster missing us just to our east currently. I had nothing overnight. 

25 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nice little cluster missing us just to our east currently. I had nothing overnight. 

I actually found myself just inside the outer edge of those cells.  Haven't looked at the gauge but probably nothing more than a couple hundredths.  Some more cells trying to drop down from Dauphin/Lebanon counties as we speak.

26 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I actually found myself just inside the outer edge of those cells.  Haven't looked at the gauge but probably nothing more than a couple hundredths.  Some more cells trying to drop down from Dauphin/Lebanon counties as we speak.

A few minutes ago there was loud thunder here at work but no rain. Still nothing at home, that first little line whiffed me to the east. Watching those cells you're talking about and they look like they might do the same...

Edit: I need to move to Manheim. Mom said they got hit hard earlier with that cell. 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A few minutes ago there was loud thunder here at work but no rain. Still nothing at home, that first little line whiffed me to the east. Watching those cells you're talking about and they look like they might do the same...

Edit: I need to move to Manheim. Mom said they got hit hard earlier with that cell. 

Yeah it looks like a redux where I may find myself just inside the outer edge and you miss out entirely.  Manheim area really getting belted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

We had a thunderstorm here this morning about 8ish and dumped .58 rain in 10 min. with hail and wind also loud thunder and it struck hard a few times hail was the size of a half inch.

And if I were working,  I'd have driven right through that.

I've been off all week. My wife had a stroke Sunday afternoon and has been in the hospital since then. It was fairly mild, only affecting her right leg, but her weakness is enough that she needs to go to a rehab facility for a week or two.

• Sad 4

40 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Very stark differences on the 12z hi-res models with respect to the LSV for this evening, with FV3 showing a very potent line moving through and the HRRR looking quite sparse. 

Yup. I pointed that out earlier. The FV3 was the most robust of all the models a couple hours ago.

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I've been off all week. My wife had a stroke Sunday afternoon and has been in the hospital since then. It was fairly mild, only affecting her right leg, but her weakness is enough that she needs to go to a rehab facility for a week or two.

sorry man. sending positive vibes

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Sorry to hear that Voyager. 

18 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Been stuck in the 60s here all morning -- storms, easterlies, low clouds, etc. all doing their thing.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, Training may be lower than me for once.  We are at 76. 

Literally in the past 15 minutes I've jumped 4 degrees from 69 to 73.